Reset. Heal. Energize – 3 Day Vegetable Fast. Good idea?

Options
Hey guys! Hoping you could help.

So, I've been very good with my diet for a while but this Saturday I binged at a friend's party. And I mean, 3 slices of cake, beer, doritos etc. On Sunday I ate properly but a bit less just trying to get back into my routine. I thought i'd be feeling better by today but I still feel stuffed (maybe I should have avoided nuts?). I weighted myself and I gained 4 pounds! (might have been water weight and I just had dinner)..Anyway, I am feeling pretty upset and going for a LONG run now..I had an idea though. Do you think it would be alright to go on a 3-day veggie/fruit. I love spinach and general salads so it wouldn't be a problem. I am just worried about the "starvation" mode. But 3 days shouldn't be that bad right? I just want to cleanse form all that crap I've consumed..Feel free to check out my food diary if that helps.

Thanks!

Replies

• skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It should be just fine and sounds like a really good idea. I may just have to try it myself. A cleanse is good for everyone especially if it is done in a healthy way with natural foods. Go for it. It is only three days and you can only feel better. :)))
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My personal, non-professional opinion on this...

Our bodies have all the capabilities to cleanse itself. Just keep eating healthy and normally, and your body will do the work that any "cleanse" would accomplish, but in a safer and healthier way.
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I see you've not lost any weight (at least that you've entered). Here's my 2 cents ...

I have a brown rice detox - with most of the superfoods, teas, etc., that I'll need - in a box on the shelf. It's an ace up my sleeve. I am currently training for 3 races (a 5K in 12 days, and 10Ks on May 7 and July 4), but I've also lost 26 pounds over the past 51 days, so I'm not really struggling to drop pounds.

In your case, you may need a shock to the system to get things going. I would not want to put myself on the ground and have someone shock me with a defibrillator unless I was in dire need of it. But to kickstart things you may consider this. There are lots of really good 3-7 day cleanse/fast programs and they are all just focused around getting just the basic nutrients and nothing else. It is a good way to let your body know "she means business this time."