Dessert Cravings... HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• deboyd5004
    deboyd5004 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with yogurt, fruit, and nuts. I eat at least 3 pieces of fruit a day and one serving of yogurt. I usually get the Yoplait yogurt that are based on desserts. May not be the healthiest yogurt, but it's keeping me on track. At least it has for the last 3 weeks. Before I was putting a tablespoon of Nutella and 4 or 5 walnut halves on half a 100 calorie whole wheat/multigrain sandwich thin. So that might be an accommodation you could make once a day. I still will grab 3 or 4 walnut halves 2 or 3 times a day whenever I do the, "hmmm, what can I eat now" and open the fridge. Keeps me from grabbing something else. I also like the shake idea! I might steal this myself. I understand what you're going through. I used to have something sweet at every meal, or at least it seemed that way.
  • BlazedBetty
    Options
    I actually just found an amazing recipe for frozen peanut butter cup things on the forum here... Do you have a lil mini fridge (with one of those ice cube tray size freezers) in your dorm?

This is the original recipe

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/172569-frozen-peanut-butter-cups

I used 3 tablespoons of peanut butter and sugar free chocolate syrup... I got 58 calories for one... although it is still hard to eat just one...lol

Since you probably would have to use an ice cube tray I would recommend a little plastic wrap in each "cube" so they will pop out nice and easy... And you def would want to plug in your actual ingredients into the recipe calculator because your obviously gonna have different portion sizes than I did...

I also have become a big fan of sugar free jello and since you have a cafe there.. maybe doing some research before you pick out what your going to eat. Luckily with diabetes such a problem in America, there is almost always a sugar free option in the dessert section somewhere..

If you don't have a mini fridge.. I would recommend getting one.. a mini fridge, a microwave and a toaster or toaster oven will help you have more control over your food...

Good luck! College is rough enough without trying to watch your weight :)