Starting again, for the millionth time :)

Options
I am constantly starting my journey to a healthier ME, but for some reason, I always get off-track. I am working on figuring out why this is such a difficult thing for me to stick with. I know I need to make some major changes. I want to be around to see my babies grow up, and at 238 pounds, I am not going to stay healthy forever. Right now, I am fortunate to not have major issues, but I know that is changing as I get older.

A little about me: My name is Colleen. I celebrated my 36th birthday. I am happily married w/two beautiful children, a 7-year old daughter and a 3-year old son. I am a teacher, and just returned to work after about 2 years off. I spent that time with my children and also pursuing a Master's degree in Instructional Technology. Now that I finished that, I am ready to jump back into my weight-loss journey.

Replies

• blackchick41
    Options
    lol,i just started over myself for the umteen time.lets do this
  • Liz_Cady
    Liz_Cady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I saw the title of your post, I understood exactly what you meant. I have lost the same 20 lbs so many times. I would do well for a while, get distracted, and gain it back. I feel like this time will be different partly because of the social networking of this site. I have a friend that will cheer for me when I loose weight or even finish a day within my calorie goal. When I don't track my calories for a few days she asks me whats up. Its really helping me, and I truly hope it helps for you. Welcome and good luck!
  • collteach328
    collteach328 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I started trying to get on track about a month ago, lost about 8 pounds, then just stopped. I am going to push myself to stay on track, and hopefully I can find some friends here to hold me accountable :)
  • onelove14
    Options
    Hey I'm starting over myself! I could really use some encouragement in this process as its so hard to work out and eat healthy while working a full time job! Let's keep each other accountable!
  • gagejennifer
    Options
    You can do it !.
  • chosen1980
    Options
    That's the story of my life. After having my last child (#4) in late 2009, I've been trying to lose 60 lbs. I lost 30 in the first year, but have had little/no motivation to lose these last 30. It doesn't help that I'm a stay-at-home mom; I'm around food ALL the time. I know what to eat, what exercise works for me, and so on, I've just felt unmotivated. It doesn't help having a thin husband who doesn't have to watch his waistline at all. I'm determined though, this will be my last year trying to lose these 30lbs. It WILL happen this year, and the same will happen for you. My new strategy is to have tunnel vision.
  • snapshotx
    Options
    I'll help keep you on track if you help me! :) I think I'll actually feel guilty if you keep after me haha. I guess that's what big sisters are for...
  • collteach328
    collteach328 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We can all do this! My biggest thing is working out. While I absolutely LOVE it when I am in the midst of it...I find every excuse not to just get out and do it. For example, I will sit on the computer, like I am now, surfing the 'net and working on lesson plans and ideas for work. I have to put ME first once in awhile and just do it!!!
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I can totally agree with you...this is my.. well I lost count how many times I've started and stopped. I want to finish this time and I told my hubby for my hard work and getting to my goal weight I want a VIP to a concert. Plus, I would really love to get in a 2 pc bathing suit this summer, I can dream can't I lol.
  • Lwoodslim
    Lwoodslim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I too have started and committed and got side tracked. It seems for me, a single graduate student, that time always comes around the holiday season. My whole family encourages me to eat, and say "Its the Holidays, it doesn't count." However, as the new year comes around I can see that it did count and where its hiding.

Along every step of my ups and downs, I have learned more exercises I enjoy and like to do. Find workouts you enjoy, learn to like the feelings of pushing yourself and not getting lazy. Over my journey I have learned to cherish and love my workout time. There are extras everyday that help like walking, taking the stairs, parking further from the store, ect. I have worked into my lifestyle.

This time I want to learn to control my food. That is it for me, I see good results then start eating like crazy. I hope this network will help me find the will power to develop better eating habits.

Good luck to you all!
  • chosen1980
    Options
    I could really use an accountability partner too...anyone game?
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    We can all do this! My biggest thing is working out. While I absolutely LOVE it when I am in the midst of it...I find every excuse not to just get out and do it. For example, I will sit on the computer, like I am now, surfing the 'net and working on lesson plans and ideas for work. I have to put ME first once in awhile and just do it!!!
    \
    That is me as well. I enjoy exercising (usually) and I love post exercise, but my little inner child will pull out every trick in the book to keep me from doing it.
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    the same for me! i've lost weight in the past & it was awesome. but i'm older now & i feel like i have to work harder. because before all i did was eat right & the pounds flew right off!! but this time it didn't work like that. i know i need to get out & exercise but i really have no motivation to do it. my boyfriend is supportive, but its still hard to GET OUT & do it!
    i've joined a zumba class & i love it. honestly, though, all day before my class i'll be unexcited about the class & i'll FORCE myself to go because i know the minute the class is over i'll feel so great!! but i do need to do more. really excited for the warmer weather thats coming soon!!
  • rschmmidt
    rschmmidt Posts: 296
    Options
    I am a teacher, ... a Master's degree in Instructional Technology.

Me too! Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be and you'll find a lot of support.
    Good luck meeting your goals. Like for me: the millionth time's a charm.:flowerforyou: