frusterated and dissappointed

Options
Why do I keep falling into old habits? UGH - I plan my day in advance (in the morning) and pack everything for work that I know is "good" for me - I know how to stay on track and I know what I want to lose - so WHY do I keep eating crap? I was doing so good for a while and lost 5 lbs - i swear I think I gained 4lbs back?

Again, I know what I am supposed to do and I feel so good when I do it - at the end of the days I screwed up I feel like crap but always say to myself - start again tomorrow....I'm tired of using that excuse! What is wrong with me lately?
I just ordered the Jillian Michael's CD and I am sooooooooo excited to start it (when it comes) - I've even told my husband - 30 days I am working out, no excuses.....

I'm sorry for venting I just really can't stand myself acting like this!!!!! and again, i know how to stop and I know what I need to do, so whats the problem? and it's funny bc someone at work said " you really look like your losing weight" - in the back of my head I think - geez I've actually gained LBS back, how can I look like Im losing?\

Any advise for my "rut"?

Replies

• yellowdog77
    Options
    I have no advice since I am right there with you. I have no idea what my problem is and I know your frustration. I do great all day and once I am home it is all down hill. GRRR!!! is all I can say.

I hope you get yourself back on track!!!
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    I feel your pain girl- i do the same thing - i start my weight loss journey in Sept and lost 53 pounds and this past month i have started going to the snack machine and dumb stuff like that - but this week my goal is get back on track and continue to loose I only have 40 more to go, so if venting helps go for it and good luck with the Jillian dvd- i have been doing a work out with Bob and love it even though it is hard :noway:
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I have no advice since I am right there with you. I have no idea what my problem is and I know your frustration. I do great all day and once I am home it is all down hill. GRRR!!! is all I can say.

I hope you get yourself back on track!!!

Dr. Phil (yeah, I know....and I didn't really READ the book, but someone told me what he said) says that if you come home and run for the fridge or the cookie jar, simply walk through a different door. Take the extra steps to walk to the back door, or the front door - ANY door that is different from the one you normally walk through. This breaks the "habit" of "door/fridge/cabinet/eat." It's probably not the best advice out there, but it's a novel approach!

I try to distract myself as much as possible when I'm feeling munchie, which is usually when I'm bored. Just shake it up a bit and see what happens. Best of luck!
  • rulaborelli
    Options
    I feel for you...What helps me out is imagining how I will feel the next day about my food intake the previous day, and that usually helps me make the right choices. I so want to fit into my clothes that I keep reminding myself of my goal...
  • mwilliams5486
    mwilliams5486 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is dont get frustrated when u mess up. I have done this so many times. Once u mess up u feel like ur day is messed up so u may as well eat eveything u want. I weigh in on thursdays so i give myself that day and that day only to eat something i have been wanting all week! I think it helps me alot. Yes there are sometimes i eat things that are not on the healthy sie but i dont let it get me down. I just workout harder to makeup for it! When u want something try to find a substitute for it. When i want candy, i buy a chocolate fiber one bar and i imagine im eating a snickers. Then i feel really good because my chocolate craving was gone!!! I hope this helps u! I have struggled with my weight all my life and i am very determined this time to get to my goal. Nothing will stop me! Good luck to u!
  • mrselam
    mrselam Posts: 1
    Options
    Do you have a "goal item", pair of pants? dress? something??? I found that helps. It also helps me when I tell my fitness goal, just some form of accountability, Right now my goal is to get back into my pre pregnancy clothes. I just bought a dress for church at a size 12, not too happy, when all my dresses are a size 8.

so I have some work to do.
  • shug458
    shug458 Posts: 99
    Options
    thanks everyone - this is EXACTLY why I love this sight - so much support and so many people often in the same boat. Definatly never feel alone :) here's to a better week - today's shot :( but I will not screw up agian this week - Like the "tug boat" says - "i think i can I think I can" LOL
  • jaristokes
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change, those things dont happen over night or without some major/minor setbacks. Please stop beating yourself up, your are aware of what you are doing and thats the first major step we need to take. You can do this, you know what needs to happen and you will do it! For every step forward it does seem like we take 5 back. Just remember we weren't taking any steps forward for a long time. You've got this!!
  • shug458
    Options
    I do have a goal - I have 2 children and both c-sections so you can only imagine...I have this "pouch" that I REALLY want to go away. Dr's have told me muscle was cut twice and it will always be there - I don't wanna hear that. I"m in a size 6 jeans which are starting to fall off of me (which is good, I'm not sure how with the way the past week has been) but I actually would like to get back into a size 4 jeans. i want a darn 6-pack with out this "mommy pouch" :)
  • kathiej13
    kathiej13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I completely understand as I keep losing the same five pounds over and over as I lack the willpower when somebody suggest having something that I know is unhealthy. Kudos for starting fresh each day, you will eventually make the health habit stick.

Which Jillian DVD are you getting? I have the Shred it with weights and love it. I added it to my workouts three weeks ago (twice a week). I haven't noticed any results yet though.

I have been working out daily for 30-60 minutes with at least 30 minutes cardio every day for over five years, but I still must be eating more calories than I burn as I don't really lose anything in pounds or inches so I know your frustration.
  • claudia7777
    claudia7777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You have allot going for you. Acknowledge what you are accomplishing as you look very good in your photo. Substitute the negative self-talk with positive energy and good thoughts, being good to yourself. I find keeping up with my MFP log each evening helps me reflect over my day.

I am older with Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers behind me too. It took me a long time to accept it is a life style for a lifetime to stay fit. Be flexible as I find when I go out much harder to make the low calorie choices. The "teaser foods" as I call it is all around us.

Good luck to you and you are headed in the right direction.
  • shug458
    Options
    I am supposed to be getting the DVD w/in just a few days - my son has 2 lbs weights that I bought him for christmas that I am going to use.
    a while back I was supposed to start teaching a kick boxing class so to come up with routines was tough but I was busy working our the routines 5 days a week and lost a good amount of weight in a short amount of time. I know it sounds dumb but I swear when I work out NOW i gain weight - I lose it faster when I don't work out - I know muscle weighs more then fat but when the scale goes up "muscle or not" i feel like crap and lost confidence.
    My husband thank god for him keeps telling me I don't need to lose any weight and he doesn't want a "stick figure wife" which yes makes me feel good but at the same time I feel like he "has" to say that. I know he doesn't but......well you know. Ever since my 2nd child and I hit 30 the LBS are just not coming off. I've always been about 115 and once I hit 130 it hit me hard. I know 130 is not alot considering but for my height I feel like it is. I;m 4'11.....and when I do the BMI it says I should weight between 97-119 which has discouraged me too.
  • honeybunny50
    Options
    I know what you mean there mine just keep going like a yoyo i'm back where i have started again. And i try
    and eat good and i do lots of exercise everyday.
  • gomezdowns
    gomezdowns Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! One thing I do is as soon as I come home from work I change into my workout clothes. Once the sneakers are on there is no going back. I workout at least 30min and that way I don't feel guilt if I slip up and eat a cookie! Don't beat yourself up, sometimes you have to take one step back to move two steps forward! :flowerforyou: