Pizza Lovers!

Options
Cathy92
Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
ok, I'm asking for help before disaster hits! I love pizza. I haven't eaten any for the last 6 weeks and I'm losing weight nicely. I eat pretty much what I want and count calories. Problem is, with pizza, I won't be able to do that. I know it I'm incapable of ordering a pizza and not binging. The only way I can eat it, is to have it already rationed out. The good news is that I found a crust I can use with 160 calories in it and eat the whole thing.

Anyone have any ideas for toppings that are delicious and low cal...eg cheese, etc? Of course I like all the fattening toppings. I'd like to keep it under 500 cals.

What is your favourite pizza? I don't think I'll last much longer...need a pizza fix!

Replies

• suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried the pizza with a cauliflower crust? Being from Chicago, I was very skeptical, but it was actually quite good. I didn't get it firm enough the first time, but the taste was so good, I tried it a second.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    low fat cheese or perhaps some goat cheese. I like crumbled goat cheese.

black forest deli style ham, cooked diced chicken breast, turkey deli meat. mushrooms, onions, peppers, few black olives, spinach would be good too.

VOILA!

happy pizza eating.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken is one of my favorite toppings.
  • travelprincess
    travelprincess Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Veggies are always a good option, turkey Italian sausage, turkey pepperoni, an 2% mozz cheese.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Hungry Girl uses a high fiber low calorie tortilla as a pizza crust and it's actually really good. Just spray with some olive oil baking spray and bake it at about 400F for about 3-5minutes before adding your topping and baking for another 5 minutes.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    oh load up on the veg! i love spinach - you might be able to get away with some artichoke, or you could do a marguerite pizza (sp?) with fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, spinach, and whatever other veggies you can fit on it.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this cauliflower crust before, can anyone post the recipe?
    as for toppings, I love a bruschetta style style with tomato, onion, and peppers, olive are great too, but can add on calories and sodium.
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    pita pizza! put sauce, basil, part skim mozza cheese and some veggies on top of a whole wheat pita and bake at 350 for 10 mins, then broil for another 2...low cal and yummy!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    chicken with veggies, with a bit of feta cheese!!!
  • travelprincess
    travelprincess Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You could also go old school Italian put olive oil on the crust and top with cheese and basil
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to pizza too I do the a small tortilla with a tbs pasta sauce, 7-8 turkey pepperonis some spinach leaves with the stems cut off and 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese and Love it - takes care of my pizza craving with less calories. Also just found a recipe for a pizza log where you use an egg roll wrapper you can get them in the produce dept add 1/2 slice mozzarella and six pepperonis and you can use the pizza sauce as a dip. Good luck and God Bless!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a huge lover of pizza too and I've produced two little boys who love it equally. We eat pizza at least once a week in my house, so I can't get out of eating it. I've stopped eating frozen pizza altogether, because there are way too many calories in the serving size that you get. When I eat pizza, I try to either eat just one piece or two. Little Caesar's cheese-only pizza is about 250 calories per piece-- which really isn't that bad. I just ate one piece the first several weeks because I knew I couldn't control myself. I've gained more self-control in other areas of eating and now I feel like that is reflected in my pizza intake. I also plan when I'm eating pizza for the week (i.e. after my official weigh-in) and eat much less that day, so I can eat the pizza. It's almost like a "cheat night," but without cheating. Good luck! I know how hard it is :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I love veggie pizza (my favorites are mushrooms, onions, black olives). I had a mediterraean pizza at a restaurant last week that was amazing too. Chicken, feta, kalamata olives (not a lot), and red/green peppers. Maybe tomatoes too, I can't remember!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Stick to a simple pizza - low-fat mozzarella, tomato sauce and basil. Tasty, classic and not terrible for you.
  • monro86
    monro86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE pizza lover! Tombstone actually has a light pizza that has broccoli and different peppers- No meat. Half a pizza is under 600 calories. I think it's delicious and it's somewhat a savior of mine in regards to pizza.
  • bluk30
    bluk30 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey hey hey, just my thing. I am actually a pizza shop owner myself and figured out how to have my pie and eat it too!

Use part skim mozzarella, nothing else really melts correctly without high fat.

Make your own sauce
    - 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
    - 1 can tomato paste
    - oregano/ sugar/ garlic to taste

Use tortillas for your pizza shell. They cook up quick and easy and are lower in calories than any commercially available dough product. 4 minutes on a 500 degrees pizza stone and you'll be surprised how nice these little pies taste.

I eat these all the time.
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl uses a high fiber low calorie tortilla as a pizza crust and it's actually really good. Just spray with some olive oil baking spray and bake it at about 400F for about 3-5minutes before adding your topping and baking for another 5 minutes.

It make it all the time with the La Tortilla 100 calories Wheat. Pretty good. I also got the idea from Hungry Girl to take the string cheese sticks and put them in the mini food processer and use them in place of the usual shreded cheeses. Lower in fat. I add fresh mushrooms, spinach, onion, crushed red peppers. Yummy!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this cauliflower crust before, can anyone post the recipe?
    as for toppings, I love a bruschetta style style with tomato, onion, and peppers, olive are great too, but can add on calories and sodium.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130577-you-asked-for-it-cauli-crust-pizza-pics?hl=cauli+crust+pizza

hope this helps!!
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130577-you-asked-for-it-cauli-crust-pizza-pics

Here's a link to the board talking about the pizza. I think the recipe is there. Pics are definitely there. It's yummy! I tried it last week. Nom, nom, nom. :love:

Oops, someone beat me to it. :-) Oh well.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like getting a Papa Murphy's pizza, covered in veggies, with no cheese. There are so many delicious flavors that I don't miss the cheese at all. It's yummy!