Does anyone work 3rd shift, overnight, graveyard shift?

Options
I work overnight and I was wondering how other people who work the same shift control their eating habits. How do you guys eat through out the day and overnight? I really need help on this, because I'm always eating too much!

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I feel hungry all the time too! I start my diary at midnite for the day-eat lite foods/snacks about 2am as "breakfast" then eat another lite snack/fruit at 5:30am for lunch-I get to bed around 9am and wake up at 3 pm-have my coffee when I get up with something small agin. I don't eat dinner then till 7pm that evening and seems to work for me so far-my stomach nonstop growls tho so maybe I'm not doing something right? Not sure
  • southphilly_chic
    southphilly_chic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I usually eat when I get to work around 1130pm depending on how I'm feeling I may have a snack between 3-5am. By the time I get off I'm starving again so i either stop and get french toast stick from BK on my way home or I make some sort of egg meal. After that I'll probably eat again between 1-3pm and then again around 6-9pm depending on if I'm sleep or not.

I so I guess I'll start my diary when I get to work at night to start my day. It just seems like because I work overnight I eat so much more than everyone else...
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I worked the night shift for a year and a half, and I gained weight while doing it. I definitely had a hard time monitoring what I was doing and eating, especially considering how odd my hours were. Night shift sucks for trying to be healthy. :( Now I'm per diem and can normally work decent hours, but I have 4 night shifts coming up in a row in two weeks. I am dreading what it's going to do to my progress.