feeling sick when I drink water!

Options
kaymd
kaymd Posts: 470 Member
I found out I am pregnant a few weeks ago and I was feeling great until last week. I usually have no problem getting my water in for the day but lately I just look at water and it makes me feel nauseous. I've never had any type of nausea during my other pregnancies so this is pretty new. I manage to get in at least 6 glasses but the rest I have been drinking caffeine free raspberry herbal tea (which goes down GREAT). I guess my question to everyone is if the tea can count as water if that's all I am able to get down. Thanks for any any advice in advance!

Replies

• luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does count as water! Good luck on your pregnancy!
  • MsWright28
    Options
    Maybe you can add some flavoring to it. Like crystal light or something like that. Congratulations by the way. I hope you start feeling better soon.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby :)

Sometimes I like to add something to my water, like lemon, or some of the herbal teas we have around my work. :D It's technically 98% water, tea just adds that yummy flavor.

Best of luck!
  • _LDM_
    _LDM_ Posts: 81
    Options
    I was under the impression it's NOT the same as water.

So, I just found this article - with this very important paragraph!

"There's one more reason to cut back on coffee and tea during your pregnancy, whether it's caffeinated or not. These beverages contain compounds called phenols that make it harder for your body to absorb iron. This is particularly important because many pregnant women are already low on iron. If you drink coffee or tea, have it between meals so it'll have less of an effect on your iron absorption."

http://www.babycenter.com/caffeine-during-pregnancy

You really should talk to your Doctor though!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OH wow! Congratulations!!!!! I was always terribly sick for the first half of my pregnancies...and water was SO hard to get down. I think it sounds like you are still getting quite a bit, so I personally wouldn't worry about it much. Congrats again girl!! :)