best exercise to blast stomach fat

Options
Hey everyone! What is the best cardio to burn stomach fat? Running seems like it works really well but it's so hard one my knees. Is there a good cardio/ab workout that blasts this tummy fat off?! Let me know!!! thanks :)

Replies

• christina_michelle
    Options
    turbokick, turbojam, any kickboxing aerobic class
  • mes1921
    mes1921 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love the elliptical. Way easier on my knees but still a great workout!
  • cmor2005
    cmor2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    zumba and bike riding
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    Spin class! Tones the hind end and legs to boot!
  • kristijojanderson
    Options
    I love Zumba. You can join a class or get the DVD and do it in the privacy of your home. I love it and it whittles away your abs.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    No such thing, only a clean diet takes away fat. And no way to take it off the stomach only, it comes off in layers. Usually the stomach is the first place you gain fat and the last one to lose it off.
  • Newme92
    Newme92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean concerning the straints on the knees while running. If you have access to a gym or a treadmill with incline options I would recommend boosting up the incline while taking the speed to a brisk walk, you'll burn way more calories and it's really good cardio (I usually burn 1125 cals in an hour going 3.3 MPH at 12% incline). Also there's a video/DVD by "The Firm" called 5-day abs that I've found to be a really good ab workout (I just need to stick to it more often lol) it only takes about 10-15 mins a day..and you actually feel good afterwards.. Good luck and I hope this will be of some help!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, spot reduction is a myth and there's no exercise that will target belly fat (sometimes i look at my belly and wish there were a cure for it! ;P). cardio will burn fat from all over, including your belly. strength training will also boost your body's ability to burn fat.

however, you can do crunches, twists, ab-focused workouts like pilates, kickboxing, and zumba, etc. -- these will shape your ab muscles so that when you do lose fat, they will be revealed :)

diet is the most important aspect tho - working out like crazy will be futile if you eat unhealthy and fattening stuff, because you will just deposit fat on top of any toned muscles you may develop
  • Jb8885
    Jb8885 Posts: 126
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the ideas...def need to keep my diet at 100% and maybe switch up my workout routine a bit. good luck to all of u!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Do you have a pool or community pool nearby?
    Lap swimming and/or water aerobics.....took
    the pressure off my knees and hips....best
    exercising I've ever done!
    Unfortunately we moved into a new house....
    no pool close by! :-{
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I use the ellipitcal as well. I have awful shin splints :( I also noticed that a good fitted running shoe helps as well as arch supports. I wear arch supports which took away some of the pressures. And yes you cannot target fat loss but running does help. Push yourself on the ellipticle. I found when I was just doing a half hour it wasn't enough so I stepped up to an hour.

Also play some sports that involve interval running such as soccer. I play rugby!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Diet and cardio is the only way you are going to lose the fat. However, strengthening your core can help improve your posture which can make you appear leaner!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    No such thing, only a clean diet takes away fat. And no way to take it off the stomach only, it comes off in layers. Usually the stomach is the first place you gain fat and the last one to lose it off.

This. You can't spot reduce. You have to lose weight. Eventually it'll come off of your stomach.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options

This. You can't spot reduce. You have to lose weight. Eventually it'll come off of your stomach.

Exactly!