Binge Weekend Recovery!

Options
I had a terrible, horrible, disgusting weekend that carried over into my Monday. I didn't log all weekend because I didn't even want to know, BUT I logged tonight, and lets just say "if everyday were like today..." I'd gain 13 lbs in 5 weeks. YIKES!!! Told you it was bad.

Anyways, I HAVE to get back on track. I kind of want to do a cleanse for a couple days to get all the nasties out and feel healthy again. Does anyone know of a good cleanse or a good way to get my butt back in gear?

Replies

• Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Just Do It!:laugh:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Lots of water, lots of fresh fruits and vegies...nice natural "cleanse" :) I didn't eat enough raw vegies or drink my water yesterday--went back to my normal routine today and spent lots of time "flushing" away my not so great weekend...haha...

And even if you binged, at least you're aware of it and thinking about how to move past it. Just keep swimming :)
  • ll31tCH
    ll31tCH Posts: 16
    Options
    im in nursing school and we have learned the bad parts about a cleanse. the best thing to do is get right back on track and exercise a little more than your normally do everyday.
  • cbrixey2
    cbrixey2 Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. We all have bad week-ends every once in a while. Just get right back on track. Drink that water. It really helps!! Good luck!!
  • seespi
    seespi Posts: 10
    Options
    This is exactly what happened to me this weekend, I had a birthday party to go to at a pizza place and it was bad because we even took leftovers home and I had the midnight snack with cheese pizza. I am new to this site and its difficult for me log my food, especially when I know it was really bad for me. but at least we are aware and admitting what our problem is and with the help of people here we will stop and think before we eat. Thats one of my new things I am gonna do before I eat, just tell myself to stop and think...am I eating because I'm hungry or is it another emotion. If its due to an emotional then I will figure out why I feel that way and if maybe I should take a walk or drink some ice water or something. I too was discouraged but thats no reason to quit. TOmorrow is another day that we can try to do our best.