Newbie from Harrogate, UK.

Options
Hi,

Last week I got a new smartphone and browsing through the apps market I found this tool and just today started using the site. It looks excellent, which is just as well because my challenge is to drop 32.5 pounds in the next 94 days, which is about 2.5lbs a week.

For the first time in a couple of years we have a family holiday lined up in July and I don't much fancy putting on the swimming trunks at 238lbs. I'd like to be 200lbs again, but I think 2.5lbs a week is aggressively achievable, so that would leave me at 205.5lbs.

I definitely need to change my eating and activity habits completely, especially as the holiday is an all inclusive affair with food and drink available around the clock.

Anyway - I'll be back around here regularly.

Cheers,

Ted

Replies

• wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi from Wakefield,

I'm sure you will love this site. Food tracking is easy, and the motivation you get from 'friends' makes all the difference. Today is my 80th day and I've lost 24.5 lbs so far, and it hasn't been hell like other diets I have known. Enjoy it and I hope you reach your goal in time for your holiday :bigsmile:

Wendy
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    Hey from Nottingham,

Good luck on reaching your goal! This site has loads of features to help you on your way!

I'm on day 60 and 40lbs down, so it can be done!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Hello from Bedale :wink:
  • Caz_Mnaz
    Caz_Mnaz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    *waves*

Hi from Thirsk :)

I love this site, i just think its really useful to track food it really makes you think! am a stone down (near enough!) and another 2ish to go. am hoping next summer I'll be on a beach somwhere feeling comfy in my swimwear too!!

Good luck!
  • katy5692
    katy5692 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Sheffield!

Good Luck on your weight loss journey- this site it SUCH a motivator! :bigsmile:
  • marie111
    marie111 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi from blackburn lancs, good luck this site is a great help.
  • galaxysue
    galaxysue Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi from Lincoln
    This is a great site and there are some great motivators, good luck with reaching your goal!
  • angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi from West Sussex - this is site is fab - hope you get on as well as I have with it!:smile:
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    hello there! From middlesbrough! This site is the only thing keeping me on track! hope you achieve your goal!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hi From Lincoln !!!

the site is great and full of great people who will help... you only have to ask and the advice and support will come !

Feel free to Add me.

If not, good luck and heres to your Holiday ! :drinker:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi Ted! You're certainly in the right place to start your journey.

I'm from South Wales and found this site absolutely fantastic! I would get involved with the forums too as you can find great sdvice and gain support from others.

One piece of advice I always promote is...drink plenty of water! It really will help shift that sodium and it's really good for you too.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • enteralterego
    Options
    Good luck Ted from a fellow Yorkshire Man

I need to try losing 1.5lbs a week.

Hope you reach your goal
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    HI! Good luck on your journey! This site is amazing and will help you a lot!