Addicted to Food

Options

Replies

• Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Yes, one of my other friends posted this on her FB page. I'm excited to see it since I think Heavy is about to be over. Thanks for posting!
  • tburnett80
    tburnett80 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to watch it!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Will check it out, thanks for posting. :smile:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    The oprah channel is like one of my new fav channels!
  • maryritt529
    Options
    The oprah channel is like one of my new fav channels!

Me too. I think I dvr everything on it !
  • dalzinho
    dalzinho Posts: 52
    Options
    Addicted to food? How ridiculous. Try and give up food and see what happens to you.

It's not like food is heroin or tobacco. Scaremongering tripe.
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    @dalzinho - how fortunate you are NOT to be addicted to food. Better do a bit more research before you call something "saremongering tripe" as all it does is show your ignorance.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up - I'll be watching this. Emotional eating is my biggest barrier to losing weight. Right now I'm on the "new lifestyle high" and I know a crash will be coming sooner or later. I want to arm myself and be prepared for when that happens. It's part of the reason why I love this site. I'm hoping the friendships I build now will help kick me in the butt when I need it later!
  • dalzinho
    Options
    @jaelwoman

I am addicted to food. If I don't have it, my body craves it. I simply can't live without it! I would do anything to get some should I have to.

Er, just like mine and your and everyone's body is meant to be.

Perhaps if it was called 'people lacking in self-control with regard to food', which is more accurate, no-one would watch it.

Thanks for the ad hominem attack though!
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    I don't see why you can't take your argument into the heroin or tobacco realm then. "Can't you just say people lacking self control with regards to cigarettes??"

Yes, your body NEEDS food, YES it's a lack of self control. Thanks for pointing that out. As someone who struggles with food addiction - SORRY lack of self control...your comments we so very helpful
  • dalzinho
    Options
    Look missy, this shouldn't be complicated. The human body needs neither heroin nor tabacco. It sometimes thinks it does when people are...addicted!

Food, on the other hand...well you do need that. You just need to manage it.

Anyway, good luck with your journey.
  • maryritt529
    Options
    Look missy, this shouldn't be complicated. The human body needs neither heroin nor tabacco. It sometimes thinks it does when people are...addicted!

Food, on the other hand...well you do need that. You just need to manage it.

Anyway, good luck with your journey.

Which is why it is so difficult when you are addicted to food. Unlike heroin or cocaine your body DOES need food. If you go to rehab for a drug addiction you keep the drug out of your life ...go to meetings and hopefully don't relapse. But with food you can't CUT it out of your life forever. You have to deal with it daily and you need to eat everyday . This makes it much more difficult to manage cravings etc...
    JMHO
    Mary
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Bump so I can remember to watch it.
  • bethgholmes
    bethgholmes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First let me say that I hope the conversation are usually more civil here on the Boards. This is my first day!
    I think the statement "Addicted to Food" is possibly to broad. I would say that I am addicted to sugar in the form of ice cream and cookies. My body doesn't need those substances to live -- it does need nutritious food. What happens to me is that I crave the sugar just like a heroin or nicotine addict craves their substance and over time I need more and more of it to be satisfied. Sometimes I have to just stop eating ice cream and cookies etc... for a few days to get it "out of my system". Perhaps will power is part of it, but there is much more to it than that -- I believe it is an actually addiction. I wish there was a patch for it!