30DS results.... sorta

Options
I actually did a 44 Day Shred (due to an injury and some time issues), and after seeing the side by side pictures, I am REALLY disappointed. Especially because I saw results in my clothes and in the tape... but it absolutely did not translate to the pictures. The pictures are usually what motivate me, but now I am beyond discouraged. I did end up taking about 2 weeks, but I still thought I was making progress. See for yourself:

Starting weight: 260
Ending weight: 250

upper waist: 50.75 - 48.5
lower waist: 53.75 - 50.25
L arm: 17.75 - 16
R arm: 17 - 16.5
L thigh: 27.25 - 25.5
R thigh: 27.5 - 25.5
neck: 14.5 - 14.25

total inches: 12

I don't know exactly what size jeans I SHOULD have been in when I started the shred (I was being stingy and didn't want to buy any so I was wearing a 22 and 20), but I am now in an 18 from a 24, and I'm totally psyched about it (and I thought it was because of the shred, but maybe not??).

Another reason I may not have the results I wanted was that I never fully made it to level 3. I didn't feel like I was ready so I did level 1 and level 2 for the "44" days... and I had planned on doing levels 2 and 3 for the next 30 days.

Anyway, we'll see if you can see a difference, cuz I sure don't. (Pardon my fattiness)

ROUND1-1.jpg

round12.jpg

round13.jpg

Replies

• Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference. .....Stick with it and dont get discouraged.
  • meg811
    meg811 Posts: 49
    Options
    trying to fix that last picture...
    round13-1.jpg
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I see a difference! Keep it up!
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You can really see the difference in your tummy and arms. Great job for sticking with it! Keep it up! It's so worth it~:bigsmile:

By the way, look at the side view pics....the curve at the juncture of your back is much smaller, Also the view of your upper arms and your back, look at where your sportbra is in both pictures....really look at them.You can see it. No it's not drastic but Goodness girl, you lost 12inches...that's a foot. That's not breadcrumbs! Give yourself some props! You're doing Great!
  • sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes our body takes to it right away and sometimes not for that period of time. I once did a Bikram Yoga class (90 minutes for 30 days) and didn't lose a lb or inch. I was crushed. I stuck with it though and lost that second month. I also noticed that since I wasn't used to exercising on a regular basis that my calorie intake was more since I had started exercising so the 2nd month I really watched that.

Just because YOU didn't get the results that you wanted, doesn't mean that your body isn't getting stronger, leaner or healther (maybe all things that you CAN'T see right now).

Do you feel any different? If so, I would so stick with it.

Remember that this is a long, steady road we are all taking here.

I'm gonna friend you :)
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think I can see the difference in your upper arms. But I wouldn't be discouraged - a workout like that is going to focus on your muscle development which is why you may not see it right away. Be proud of sticking with it and soon you will be able to do the Level 3 sessions.. good job :wink:
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    I can too - don't give up!! Sometimes its hard to see those visible differences in ourselves - if you're anything like me, you're more critical of yourself than anyone else is. you had awesome inch loss for 44 days and just think, if you keep going at it you'll lose even more inches and I promise you'll start seeing it in your pictures too! Just don't give up!!!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely BEAUTIFUL :smile:

Changes in bodies take time. Especially after 30 - 44 days. You lost 10 lbs & 12 " are gone! Be PROUD of yourself....!
    That is much better than Loosin`nothin`at all :wink:

Keep up the GREAT Work....On Day 60 - you will see another change in you! :happy:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    There is a difference!!!! You cna see it in the pics and definitely in your numbers!! Keep up the terrific work!!! It will definitely pay off in the end!! I just started the 30 DS and boy am I feeling it!! LOL Hope I see some results too!!!!!
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! I can see a change but you probably need to complete the whole program to see results that you are wanting... but hey you lost inches and weight!!!!!! That is the thing to look at. And as she says in the video you have to do it hard core to lost up to 20lbs. I was pretty realistic going in that I wasn't going to be fit and "shredded" when finishing it because of where I started from, 222lbs and couch potatoe. But I will definitely be better off after I finish it. I have two more days on Level 2 then have Level 3 to complete. I can't wait!
  • lisaloo85
    lisaloo85 Posts: 81
    Options
    I can see a difference! Alot in your shoulders and arms! Way to go! I'm doing the Shred right now..I have been doing it for like 30 days (off and on) and its tough!!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    We are our worst critic! You are doing an awesome job by even committing yourself! I see a difference as well, don't get discouraged. You are doing great!
  • meg811
    meg811 Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! I have seen it in pictures over the last 40 pounds, so I just thought I'd see more difference from the Shred, especially since my pants are falling down all over the place. I do feel a lot stronger than when I started, so I guess that's the important thing.

Here is one example of my weight loss from the beginning... there are more on my profile.

2566-1.jpg
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you lost great inches!...it dont matter if u didnt do level 3...i did level 2 and 3 for 30 days each....if you do it again add some cardio before....
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    You've made great progress! :flowerforyou:
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference...I did the Shred also and Level 3 is where I saw the most visible changes so don't give up! Jump into level 3 and give it everything you've got!

Here's something to ponder on also....
    Losing weight is comparable to a roll of paper towels. Imagine you are a roll of paper towels...if you remove a single paper towel from the roll, you don't really see a difference, but if you keep removing paper towels, eventually the roll gets smaller and smaller. The smaller the roll gets, the more difference one paper towel makes. It's kind of the same with fat, 10 lbs is a huge accomplishment, and as you keep shedding the weight, it's going to become more and more obvious...Hang in there and fight for it! :wink:
  • snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i see a big difference in your side facing picture. your tummy is smaller and where your butt meets your lower back doesn't stick out quite so much. stick with it you're doing fantastic!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Don't quit-- it's happening. Not everyone gets a big "taaa-daaa" weight loss.
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in the 'side on' photos - look at your bottom - it definitely looks smaller. And your tummy and arms are smaller. Don't give up, you are doing great! :happy:
  • skramer13
    skramer13 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The side photos definitely show a difference. Your butt is smaller and your tummy is flatter. Very inspiring - I just started the 30DS last week. I hope I'll be able to see a visual difference, too. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!