Just so overwhelmed

Options
The past week has been so hard on me. everything is suddenly piling up bc it is the end of the semester and the opera is less than a week away. Plus my girlfriend is going through a really tough time and needs me to be there for her but school has taken up all my time. I have been eating so much fast food lately, its kind of disgusting. I feel like I am having to carry the world on my shoulders and I feel like I just cant handle it anymore. I have been wanting to cry a lot lately. I just dont know what to do anymore. plus I am sure I am sure I have gained 5 pounds with the way I am eating so I dont even wanna get on the scale. It would be too much of dissapiontment.

Replies

• randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Why dont u take some time out, go for a long walk and clear your head. not only will you feel refreshed but the walking itself is a great exercise and should boost your mood.

Im sorry that your feeling so swamped right now but you must remember that all the bad foods your putting into your body will only add to the stress, if not now then later on.

Prepare yourself some healty snacks like carrots sicks and hummus. If you like me, when i get stressed i want to eat all the time, so healty is what you should reach for.

Hope you feel better soon x
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hey Sar3539.

Keep your head up. I know it must be a tough time, I've been there. Try to focus on taking good care of yourself, getting some exercise to relieve the stress and eating foods that nourish and heal your body- it will make you feel all around better. It sounds like you are really struggling, maybe you need to take care of yourself emotionally too by talking to a loved one, a trusted mentor or a professional about your stress and sadness?

Hope the load lightens soon for you.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Don't worry about your weight. Don't get on the scale. Give yourself permission to just deal with your school, your friends, your other committments. Maybe in a week or two you can get back to the diet and a healthier way of life. Don't stress too much.
  • KATE509
    KATE509 Posts: 25
    Options
    Just get on the scale...its probably not as bad as you think...and get back on track. Everyone gets like this, I certainly have. You have to just keep moving forward. But get on the scale so you dont become "over negative" about your setback. A few days cant do too much damage! Push through the bad times!
  • OperaticAnnihilator
    Options
    and to to add to ****yness I just found out I overdrew my bank account.... ugh. thanks everyone
  • ItsAsha
    ItsAsha Posts: 78
    Options
    Awwww girl, I know how you feel. It's been almost a year since my mother passed away, but when she was in her end stages, I felt the same exact way. My brother is MR (mentally retarded) and I was caring for him, I was a part time student, I work full time, was caring for her and my brother and their household, my own household. My life was a complete wreck. The only thing that I can suggest to you is you HAVE to take time for yourself. I remember making trips to my mothers house at all hours of the night because she was having difficulty and needed me there. i would just sit with her and talk her back to sleep, then study while she was sleeping. Try to make your meals before hand. When I figured that out, it was a little easier for me.

Your health is soooo important when your life gets hectic. If you can get yourself on a healthy eating schedule, you will feel better about everything else going on. I promise.

Much luck doll.
  • Wampsikuk
    Options
    Wow, it looks like a lot of excuses and a lot of feeling sorry for onesself right there. you may not want to, but if you can harness all that energy it took for you to pour out that sob story and take it out on the gym, or a walk, or even a long run you will much improve your situation. Working out relieves stress (which you seem full of right now) crying about things doesn't, fast food doesn't. it only exponentialy increases it. I know it sucks when it seems like you have the world on your shoulders, but the key word there is "seems" change your point of view and pretty soon it will "Seem" like you're on top of the world. Take it one step at a time, or one workout at a time, or one healthy meal / snack at a time.
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    Try to sit back when you have a moment. Take a big breath and exhale slowly. Calm you mind and just think of how far you have come! You're doing such a good job. This crazy time in your life will also pass. You just gotta ride the tide a little bit. Don't get discouraged, keep your head up and just keep plugging along. As far as the fast food, I totally understand. I pretty much live in my car for work and the drive thru has been my meal source for the past year now. Hence my weight gain and hence I joined MFP. Most places have some kind of healthy option on the menu. If not, just try to eat have of whatever you order. I hope things get better for you and Good Luck with everything : )
  • lmr2i
    lmr2i Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OK, breathe....or cry..which ever helps more. A good cry every now and then cleanses you! Just remember to take it a day at a time, I have to! Remember some fast food is worse that others, try to eat the lesser of the evils. I wish you a better today than yesterday was.
  • ItsAsha
    Options
    Wow, it looks like a lot of excuses and a lot of feeling sorry for onesself right there. you may not want to, but if you can harness all that energy it took for you to pour out that sob story and take it out on the gym, or a walk, or even a long run you will much improve your situation. Working out relieves stress (which you seem full of right now) crying about things doesn't, fast food doesn't. it only exponentialy increases it. I know it sucks when it seems like you have the world on your shoulders, but the key word there is "seems" change your point of view and pretty soon it will "Seem" like you're on top of the world. Take it one step at a time, or one workout at a time, or one healthy meal / snack at a time.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Perhaps you should practice positive social skills before you decide to post on somebody else’s blog. These are not “excuses,” it’s justification for someone having a hard time and searching for support. Are you not aware that this site if for support? Nobody wants to hear your pompous reply. If you need express your toughness, I suggest you take your *kitten* to the gym and take it out there, not on somebody’s blog. OK? Thanks!

Have a splendid day. :wink:
  • OperaticAnnihilator
    Options

You should be ashamed of yourself. Perhaps you should practice positive social skills before you decide to post on somebody else’s blog. These are not “excuses,” it’s justification for someone having a hard time and searching for support. Are you not aware that this site if for support? Nobody wants to hear your pompous reply. If you need express your toughness, I suggest you take your *kitten* to the gym and take it out there, not on somebody’s blog. OK? Thanks!

Have a splendid day. :wink:
    Thnks :)
  • Wampsikuk
    Options
    If you don't like my advice you don't have to take it. By definition they are "excuses". There was nothing negative about my post. if you actually read it without getting so emotional you'd realize it said the exact same thing as your original Text. So take my advice, don't take my advice your call. But i will be taking yours ItsAsha and i will "take my *kitten* to the gym" where i can work on running laps around all the people who are crying and quitting if they don't want to take my advice and keep going.
  • ItsAsha
    Options
    If you don't like my advice you don't have to take it. By definition they are "excuses". There was nothing negative about my post. if you actually read it without getting so emotional you'd realize it said the exact same thing as your original Text. So take my advice, don't take my advice your call. But i will be taking yours ItsAsha and i will "take my *kitten* to the gym" where i can work on running laps around all the people who are crying and quitting if they don't want to take my advice and keep going.

It's called POSITIVE social skills, doll.
    While your "advise" is appreciated, it appears that you may need to work on it as well as your physical health.
    Social Skills: Ability to communicate, persuade, and interact with other members of the society, without undue conflict or disharmony.

The way you worded it was offensive. Try again. Think about that when you're running circles at the gym.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    First of all have that cry...let it out ....trying to hold back the emotions often leads to a bigger binge or break down than if you just allow yourself to feel what you feel.

Things get like this in our lives from time to time...think of what advice you would give a friend going through this time in their life and see if you can follow it for yourself. Be as kind to your self as you are a best friend...you are worth it.

Be forgiving of yourself right now. Make every good decision fitness and nutrition wise that you can possibly make. Let those good decisions make you feel proud of yourself and forgive fr decisions that are less than perfect.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    ItsAsha, you're my new HERO. Thank you.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI!1st off take a breath.If you need to cry,get it out.It`s wonderful you are such a good friend.But you need to take care of yourself too.Just try to do small things and little changes.Take a walk,that clears my head and gives me time to think.Make sure you are getting enough sleep.Try to make better food choices.Even fast food places,have healthier versions.Drink more water.Take care,you can do this!!
    A big Hug to you.
    jane:smile: