Gotta go, gotta go right now!!!

Options
Here is a problem I have been having and I am wondering if anybody else has experienced this as well...

Ok, for the past couple of months I have felt like I have had to "P" all the time. :blushing: The first two times that I was tested I had a UTI/Bladder, some type of infection and I took some medicine (which I don't think helped much) The last time I was checked I was clear of any infections! :bigsmile: This time I was checked I was actually at the Gyno so I had a pelvic exam and they seemed to be more informative than my regular doc office who just told me to go to the lab and "P" in a fancy cup!
Just recently, again, I feel like I have to "P" again when I finish "Ping" :noway:
The funny thing is, my dad has the same thing! Now, I know that males and females are made different. He was put on Detrol LA, but I think he said that it isn't working.
I think that it seems to calm down around that TOM. I am going to CT in Sept. for a wedding and it's about a 12 hour drive to get there, and the last thing I need is the feeling of "gotta go!"

Suggestions...Thoughts!!? :smile:

Replies

• magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Here is a problem I have been having and I am wondering if anybody else has experienced this as well...

Ok, for the past couple of months I have felt like I have had to "P" all the time. :blushing: The first two times that I was tested I had a UTI/Bladder, some type of infection and I took some medicine (which I don't think helped much) The last time I was checked I was clear of any infections! :bigsmile: This time I was checked I was actually at the Gyno so I had a pelvic exam and they seemed to be more informative than my regular doc office who just told me to go to the lab and "P" in a fancy cup!
    Just recently, again, I feel like I have to "P" again when I finish "Ping" :noway:
    The funny thing is, my dad has the same thing! Now, I know that males and females are made different. He was put on Detrol LA, but I think he said that it isn't working.
    I think that it seems to calm down around that TOM. I am going to CT in Sept. for a wedding and it's about a 12 hour drive to get there, and the last thing I need is the feeling of "gotta go!"

Suggestions...Thoughts!!? :smile:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Do you have kids?

I ask because sometimes after giving birth everything can get messed up.

You won't believe this but I was JUST to the Dr. yesterday about that very issue LOL

I pee toooo MUCH driving me nutty! I mean, frig sakes I gotta pee NOW LMAO!

He is sending me for bloodwork and urine testing, but my sugars were fine the last time so it's likely not diabeties (that can make ya pee tonnes)....he told me two drug names that he might try me on but he wants to rule out all those other things first.
    He knows that way back when I was pregnant with baby #2 that things kept showing up in my urine (high protein I think) but my kidneys were tested and FINE and my old Dr. said that's just the *way I am*....so he's trying to get to the bottom of this peeing issue and might send me to the bladdar clinic if all else fails

I'd go to the Dr. and get other things ruled OUT first!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I have the weakest bladder in the world, but part of it is that I drink A LOT of water. I tried Detrol LA and it didn't work, so I stopped taking it. I'd rather not put stuff in my body if it's not doing anything to help me. Have you been drinking more liquids than usual? Maybe when you are taking the drive, drink less until you get there. I do notice that caffeine has a considerable impact on how often I need to go, so if I am going for a car trip I won't have any coffee in the morning. My doctor also said to stay away from acidic fruit juices (OJ, grapefruit, etc.).

Hope this helps a little!
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    if there is burning and other similar sensations to a UTI, but no infection is found, it could be Interstitial cystitis (IC). You can check out http://www.ichelp.org/ for more information.
  • GinaB30
    Options
    if there is burning and other similar sensations to a UTI, but no infection is found, it could be Interstitial cystitis (IC). You can check out http://www.ichelp.org/ for more information.

Thankfully I've got noooo burning....hopefully not what I have lol
  • magichatter06
    Options
    No kids for me! Maybe it's just a girl thing! I don't think that it's Diabetes b/c they would have found it the last time, I would assume!!

I really don't drink that much, I don't think. I usually just drink water or milk, and the other drink is usually Sprite.

A urologist (Sp?) would be my last resort! That's who my dad went to and got Detrol LA from. The doc also said that the bladder may not be emptying itself and that sort of caught my attention!

I remember the exact day this started...that night(Wednesday) after I ate, I "P'd" like every 15 minutes. That reminds me that I forgot to mention that I seem to have to "P" a lot right after I eat dinner, sometimes until I go to bed and I don't wake up in the middle of the night, maybe a couple of times a week.

No burning here either! I went through 2 YI because of the antibiotics I was on and you talk about burning, yuck!
  • GinaB30
    Options
    My mother has the same problem and her Dr. told her that since we do have some food allergies, that certain things we eat can trigger it. =o/
    I also feel like i'm just not emptying my bladdar completely....I can't wait to see what the Dr. has to say when the tests comes back because I'm pretty darn sure that everything is *okay* in the bloodwork, etc...so I'm hoping to get this fixed lol
  • magichatter06
    Options
    My mother has the same problem and her Dr. told her that since we do have some food allergies, that certain things we eat can trigger it. =o/
    I also feel like i'm just not emptying my bladdar completely....I can't wait to see what the Dr. has to say when the tests comes back because I'm pretty darn sure that everything is *okay* in the bloodwork, etc...so I'm hoping to get this fixed lol

You'll have to update! Luckily I don't have any food allergies.
    Sometimes it feels so full but you don't "P" that much, not what you think is in there hah!
  • GinaB30
    Options
    lol yeah when I find out the results of everything in a few weeks time I'll be sure to update. =o)
    This has been bothering me for ages now (a few yrs) so it was about time I went to the Dr!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ok a couple of things that might work. If you are prone to UTI's a good idea is to drink cranberry juice. It somehow coats the lining of your bladder and fights off the infection. The second thing are Kegel exercises, you can do those anywhere at anytime. They are great for after having a baby and to strenghten your bladder muscles.
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to explain them here but if you need further instructions just email me. Basically it is tightening your muscles in you private area for 10 seconds and releasing..... repeat....it also has other side affects that are nothing to sneeze at:blushing:
    I had the same problem, but since I am loosing weight it seems to be a lot better, now I'm hoping that I don't get a cold because I have problems when I cough or sneeze....
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Ok a couple of things that might work. If you are prone to UTI's a good idea is to drink cranberry juice. It somehow coats the lining of your bladder and fights off the infection. The second thing are Kegel exercises, you can do those anywhere at anytime. They are great for after having a baby and to strenghten your bladder muscles.
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to explain them here but if you need further instructions just email me. Basically it is tightening your muscles in you private area for 10 seconds and releasing..... repeat....it also has other side affects that are nothing to sneeze at:blushing:
    I had the same problem, but since I am loosing weight it seems to be a lot better, now I'm hoping that I don't get a cold because I have problems when I cough or sneeze....

You're in luck! I know what the kegel exercises are, they were in the pamphlet that came with the Detrol LA, I jokingly ask Dad if he has done his kegel exercises for that day, ha ha. :tongue:

I drank cranberry juice religiously for a couple of weeks, it helped just a little, I even tried cranberry pills but they made me feel weird after I took them, plus I am not a big fan of pills! .

lol yeah when I find out the results of everything in a few weeks time I'll be sure to update. =o)
    This has been bothering me for ages now (a few yrs) so it was about time I went to the Dr!

Thanks! Wow, I couldn't imagine feeling this for years! Good job on finally going to the doc :drinker:

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who feels or has felt this way!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i was just put on visecare for this. i had a bladder tack, and some other things done in may. this is the second time i have had a prolapsed bladder. it causes having to "P" all the time. i got it from having kids. they say very common. but he just told me that my bladder is irritated and that's why he put me on this stuff. it works for me. now when i have to go i really have to go and not just the feeling. he said my bladder was empting like it should. it could be so many things. only a test can be sure what it is.
    good luck, chipper
  • magichatter06
    Options
    i was just put on visecare for this. i had a bladder tack, and some other things done in may. this is the second time i have had a prolapsed bladder. it causes having to "P" all the time. i got it from having kids. they say very common. but he just told me that my bladder is irritated and that's why he put me on this stuff. it works for me. now when i have to go i really have to go and not just the feeling. he said my bladder was empting like it should. it could be so many things. only a test can be sure what it is.
    good luck, chipper

Thanks! I guess this is what I have to look forward to when I have kids :grumble:

Although, I do have to update, the last time I went to the powder room, that I was really full and then I sort of didn't feel like I had to "P" when I was done! I guess it just varies during the day lol

Good luck to you with your "P" problem!!!!
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late coming in but funnily enough found your thread bc I am currently sitting up (4:33am) waiting for the pharmacy to open so I can get my antibiotics for my UTI :laugh: Not funny really though arghh. I went through a phase of constant UTI's for years, I ended up going to have a kidney scan done to make sure there were no problems there, nothing showed up and my doc resorted to having me take 1000mg vit c before bed each night, it causes your urine to be too acidic to host the bacteria apparently (same thing as cranberry juice)...yes I stopped this routine for a month and now look, i'm waiting to crawl in to Target to get my antibiotics :laugh:

I do find that I also need to urinate frequently and never feel empty when I don't have a UTI but I do drink a LOT of water which is part of the cause and right as i'm getting a UTI you wouldn't believe how much I find myself in the ladies room, this past two days I was up twice each night to use the bathroom :noway: Now I know why lol. I am interested to find out any answers you ladies have though, I don't have insurance so can no longer afford to go poking around to find out answers but i'd love to know what you ladies find out!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Idea. If you are following a healthy diet you are introducing new foods to your system, or starting to eat some you havent had in a while.

Are you following the 8 x 8 glasses of water a day?

Fruit, lettuce and some veggies have a higher water content than lets say, a cheeseburger and fries.
    Lemon and vinegar work as dieretics (sp)

Also some fruits/veggies act as dieretics (sp) Asparagus for example will make you gooooooo (and smell funky too!) I actually thought I had an infection after a rather large amount of asparagus one weekend.
  • magichatter06
    Options
    I have actually felt a little better the past couple of days!

charliesgold: I hope that you start to feel better! I never knew that about that Vit. C, pretty interesting!
    The lady at the gyno, said that its so easy for girls to get UTI's because it doesn't have far to travel up as where in a guy.......it has a ways to go and they usually P it out before it ever reaches it's destination!

arewethereyet: Maybe it is where I am eating slightly different, who knows! I do drink mostly water, just when I am thirsty tho. I didn't know that about Asparagus either, although I think I had a run in with it one time when I ate it for the first time, and my stomach hurt so bad and its like it went righ through me!!

Thanks gals!:flowerforyou:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    magic, i'd heard about that too, the short ureter thing that is. I did finally get to the dr yesterday and got antibiotics PHEW! Thanks for the well wishes :)
  • magichatter06
    Options
    magic, i'd heard about that too, the short ureter thing that is. I did finally get to the dr yesterday and got antibiotics PHEW! Thanks for the well wishes :)

Glad to hear that!... I wonder if daily cranberry pills would help you too? AZO makes some.:flowerforyou:
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Mamapants! how are you doing!?? Any results?
  • magichatter06
    Options
    I went to the Doc today because I have been feeling like I have to "P" a lot again the past couple of weeks and I couldn't feel like this on an 11.5 hr drive!!!!

I have another UTI :grumble: Not even sure why!

This what I get for being born a girl!! :sad: