weight gain

Options
Do any of you have a problem like this- on saturday i weighted 97.7 and this morning i weighted 98.8 without going over my calories and keeping my net between 1200 and 1500. I went to the gym and burned 1000 cals on friday then again monday but today i have added about 3lb and cant figure out why

Replies

• TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    Maybe it's your sodium intake... Also, make sure to weigh yourself at the same time. That makes a difference. Good luck! :)
  • ColeyShadrick
    ColeyShadrick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I am experiencing the same thing. I am doing the P90X program and thought that maybe because I was building muscle that I would not see much weight loss on the scale. I would be curious to find out what others are saying and what advice they have.
  • notreatsforme
    Options
    Water weight??? I was always told to only weigh yourself once a week - because your body will change so much. Try it...weigh yourself in the am and then at night...two different numbers. If you are following your numbers, it will all even out. Stay positive
  • rasafrats
    Options
    Don't be concerned about a "weight gain" after lifting weights. Your scale isnt recording fat gain. After lifting weights, especially heavier weights than you are accustomed to, your muscles will store water for fiber repair. It's a good thing!!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    30 days of P90x and I gained a pound. It is from muscle gain and water weight. Although I can see and feel a difference the scale did not. You will gain tons of muscle if you are out of shape. Your body weight will go up and down a few pounds just by eating and drinking and then discarding it. I would not weigh yourself more than once a week. It's not worth it.
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys for the comments i am obsessed with getting on the scales and it drains me everytime the numbers are up. I am only doing cardio and no free weights (as of yet) but i am concerned that in 3 days i have put on almost 3lb