sigh. Gained a pound back.

Options
So after dealing with my grandmother's funeral I got home and did two days of exercise but then we went to Cycle Across Maryland. My husband participated and I stayed in the cabin and watched the kids - so I was pretty much sedate the entire time. I was also there with a friend who is overweight who mostly talked about how she hates that she's fat but doesn't feel like she should have to do anything about it. I planned on getting a couple of runs in but the mosquitoes in the evenings were ridiculous and we didn't have bug spray until the night before we left, when we were having a campfire and I felt bad saying I wanted to go running and ignore our friends. I also feel like there are things keeping me from exercising like I'd like to -important things like my son's soccer practice or my friends having us for dinner. I'm just not sure how to get it all together. When I got on the scale this morning I just felt like crying. I knew I hadn't been doing well but when I really did gain a pound it just made everything feel... bad. I've been doing pretty well on the diet until this stuff and letting myself eat the fries at McDonalds on the way home and eating ice cream after mini-golf because it was so dang hot outside. Basically I'm just sad about it. The show I'm in is in two weeks and I had hoped to be able to wear a spaghetti strapped tank top in it, but now I've got to find something else that will hide the roll around my belly. I'm playing the sultry chick in Godspell for those of you familiar. So I'm just really bummed and wanted to vent a little. I did crunches and push-ups this morning but I feel like I'm already making excuses about not working out tonight. I need someone to yell at me or something!

Replies

• bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    So after dealing with my grandmother's funeral I got home and did two days of exercise but then we went to Cycle Across Maryland. My husband participated and I stayed in the cabin and watched the kids - so I was pretty much sedate the entire time. I was also there with a friend who is overweight who mostly talked about how she hates that she's fat but doesn't feel like she should have to do anything about it. I planned on getting a couple of runs in but the mosquitoes in the evenings were ridiculous and we didn't have bug spray until the night before we left, when we were having a campfire and I felt bad saying I wanted to go running and ignore our friends. I also feel like there are things keeping me from exercising like I'd like to -important things like my son's soccer practice or my friends having us for dinner. I'm just not sure how to get it all together. When I got on the scale this morning I just felt like crying. I knew I hadn't been doing well but when I really did gain a pound it just made everything feel... bad. I've been doing pretty well on the diet until this stuff and letting myself eat the fries at McDonalds on the way home and eating ice cream after mini-golf because it was so dang hot outside. Basically I'm just sad about it. The show I'm in is in two weeks and I had hoped to be able to wear a spaghetti strapped tank top in it, but now I've got to find something else that will hide the roll around my belly. I'm playing the sultry chick in Godspell for those of you familiar. So I'm just really bummed and wanted to vent a little. I did crunches and push-ups this morning but I feel like I'm already making excuses about not working out tonight. I need someone to yell at me or something!
  • SC74
    SC74 Posts: 33
    Options
    One pound could be water weight. In fact, nutritionists and doctors say to give yourself +/- 1lb on your weight. It sounds like you've had some complications that affected your schedule. I think the best thing to do is accept that but don't let it drag you down. For me, the best solution has been to just get back on the horse and do it. It sucks the first couple of days but after that, I find it hard to imagine not having exercised. Your family is important but so is your health so I hope that you're able to make time for exercise. You'll start feeling less sad once you realize you've taken control and are doing something about it. It might even improve the quality of the time you spend with your family. Good luck! Make sure you exercise tonight :)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. A pound is not bad considering what you have been through. Just take it a day at a time, keep your head up. You can do it!!! Good luck with your show!!:flowerforyou:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself - it really could be water weight -

:flowerforyou:
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    Thanks to everybody for the support - I hope you're right about the water weight. I ran tonight - about 2 miles in 25 minutes (which is good for me), so I'm back on the horse and we'll see what happens.:ohwell: