Caffiene

Options
So I would like to cut soda/energy drinks out of my diet. Major issue there being that I need some caffiene to get going in the mornings and I hate the taste of coffee! Any suggestions???

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    do you like tea? :D
  • Kiwidacute
    Kiwidacute Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Green tea has caffeine in it and it is very good for you.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I used to think I needed caffiene... BUT reality is, after 3 days of not drinking caffiene, it gets MUCH easier... I used to drink pepsi for every meal, but now I drink water!!!!! The only time I slip up and drink pepsi or any other drink is when I am out with friends... Not good but I always work it off afterwards. So I don't always feel guilty abt it.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I do like tea but when I've tried that before I would still get headaches from there not being as much caffiene.... any recommendations on cold teas? it's getting kind of warm for hot tea!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    There is just as much caffeine in tea as coffee. You just have to make it right - tea bag in mug, BOILING water poured on, leave for five minutes, remove tea bag, add milk.

Caffeine may not be essential to some people, but it is to me. I am evil if I don't have tea in the morning. I didn't get any until 11am this morning as I had a manic morning, and I thought my head was going to explode with the pain. I NEED tea in the morning.

I don't drink coffee as it gives me blackouts, and coke is beyond vile.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love me some Chai Tea in the morning. I can drink it warm or over ice :)
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    What kind of tea do you drink?
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    There is just as much caffeine in tea as coffee. You just have to make it right - tea bag in mug, BOILING water poured on, leave for five minutes, remove tea bag, add milk.

What kind of tea do you drink??
  • fteale
    Options
    What kind of tea do you drink?

Just straight English breakfast or Ceylon black tea with milk.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    Hmm... I've never tried either of those. I will add them to my grocery list :smile:
  • fteale
    Options
    Brand-wise - Whittard or Twinings, but I prefer Whittard.