More filling breafasts!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast everyday between 8 & 9 in the am. By the time 11 rolls around I feel like I am starving!! I usually dont go to lunch until 1230 and i find myself heading straight for the snacks offered in my office. I need something to eat that will fill me up in the morning that wont go over my 300 calorie breakfast limit!! Any Ideas???

Try the egg mugs on hungry girl.com. They're YUMMY! I also will eat Kashi Go Lean cereal, Better Oats oatmeal, or some fruit with yogurt. You can come up with a lot of cool stuff if you just think about it.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    Eggs and veggies. I usually do one egg and 2 egg whites with mushrooms, spinach, onions etc. Keeps me full 4-5 hours.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I have a 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats, 1 cup of skim milk, and a cup of cereal. Lasts me 4 hours easy.
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I agree with the snacks. I always tried to do 5 small meals a day instead of 3. I have a snack (under 100 calories) between Breakfast and lunch, and another between lunch and dinner.
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast (yogurt, eggs, english muffin w/peanut butter), which ever one I choose for that day and then I have an am snack about 10:00-10:30 ( fruit and a protein-string cheese) It helps a bunch to add your am snack. Hope this helps!!! =)
  • eternlgladiator
    Options
    I would just get used to oatmeal with protein powder. it fills me up great but I still need a snack around mid morning to get me through. Don't mistake hunger for thirst. If you feel hungry between breakfast and lunch drink a big glass of water or two and see if you're still hungry. It's not easy to tell the difference sometimes.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt expect to not need a mid morning snack. I would maybe bring a little snack in yourself, such as some fruit or an alpen light bar for elevenses :) Snacking is good, but it depends what you snack on. A small cereal bar, a banana or an apple is one thing. Binging on krispy kremes because youre famished is another.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I'd swap 1 big meal for 2 small.At 7:30, I eat a small serving (1/4 C oats with 1/2 C water) of oatmeal with blueberries, stevia & a scoop of unsweetened protein powder or a whey protein shake. Then at 10 am I have 18 almonds & an apple or 2 Tbsp of sunflower seeds and a small banana.
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Same issue I am having, I just vented about it this morning. It's hard to be at work and have a full breakfast. I don't want to snack because I just read some of Jillian Micheals tips and it was to only have an afternoon snack. I think I may just add some yogurt and see how I feel. If you come up with something that works for ya, please let me know. I'm up for suggestions as well.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cup of strawberries (halves), 1/2 cup of black berries, and a yogurt (4oz).

A banana with 1 tbsp peanut butter spread on it is great too, I usually save that for AM snack though.
  • nikkigiesige
    Options
    I have tried numerous kinds of cereals....usually 2 servings. I have done a 2 egg sandwich on 35 cal bread, or fat free bagels with ff cream cheese. Im not really a fan of oatmeal, but really havent tried all the flavors. I probably should be doing the veggie omlets because I love mushrooms, gr peppers, etc but seems time consuming and my mornings are crammed getting ready plus getting 2 kids ready
  • lnelson88
    lnelson88 Posts: 64
    Options
    I don't know what kind of job you have but I have a sit down office job and I get to work at 8am. I don't have time to eat breakfast BEFORE I get to work besides the fact that I'm not hungry right when I get up in the morning so I get to work and drink my one cup of coffee and fill my Camelbak with water (24oz). That tends to keep me satisfied long enough to not want breakfast til about 10am. Then I have a cinnamon raisin english muffin with spray butter. THEN if for some reason I get hungry in between then and my 12:30 lunch, I will either chew gum or have a few pretzels or peanuts to tie me over til lunch. :tongue:
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Like someone mentioned before, it all depends on what you are eating. Make sure you are eating some protein at breakfast i.e eggs, egg white etc. ham, peanut butter, almond butter etc. My usual breakfast consist of 1whole egg mixed with a quarter cup of egg whites, 2 chicken sausages and 8 oz of v8 vegetable juice it's under 300 cals and I stay full until Lunch. But it's ok if you need a snack in between just make sure it's no more than 100 calories. You may want to eat that snack 2.5 hrs after eating breakfast to prevent you from becoming ravenous. Hope this helps.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with 1/2 water suggested to cook it and 1 egg white. cook in the microwave normal time it comes out like custard. keeps you fuller longer.
    A few months ago that was my favorite breakfast. I'd used cut steel oats, cooked it stove top in bulk on Sundays. took half a cup then mix in 2egg whites with a little bit more water and microwave then add a banana or frozen berries no sugar or sugar substitute and taste awesome.