Count my work as exercise?

Options
I saw another thread [nurses] that got me thinking. I have my lifestyle set at "light activity". I was logging my work as exercise, but now I'm not sure.

I feed, water, and clean up after 14 horses 4 days a week. I usually ride one of their horses, too. [I always count my riding time as exercise, though]. On Mondays I work the ranch job above, and then go and ride another horse, and usually I'll ride my horse as well. Wednesdays and Saturdays I ride 4 horses.

Like I said, I always count my horse riding as exercise. But what about the other stuff? It doesn't make me sweat [at least not yet, summer is coming] but it does get my heart rate up a bit. And I am constantly raking and scooping up manure, not to mention hauling heavy wheelbarrows around and dumping them.

Does that count for something? I'm torn, I'm not sure what to do. :(

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like your activity level should be set for active, so don't log it as exercise.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    if you are getting results from where you have it set at now, I would say leave it. If your are leveling out in you weight loss then changing it may help.....if it ain't broke, don't fix it....
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your opinions! :)
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I've got a pretty active job and commute by foot a lot... so I had been logging the walks as cardio. I played with the settings a bit (because I'm at a plateau) and decided to change my activity level and stop logging the walks. If you're losing weight at your current settings, I wouldn't mess with it. If not, you may want to change some settings. Good luck.