DOES ANYONE ELSE EVER GET TIRED IF LOGGING IN YOUR FOOD EVER

Options
I'm not trying to bring anyone down, BUT lately I've been bored of logging in all my food & figuring out how much calories are in food I make at home. Always measuring, always counting...ughh. Sometimes I wish I could just forget abt the calories and eat! But then I think of the guilt and my scale and don't do it. I dunno, I guess I'm just venting. It gets tiring sometimes. Am I the only one who feels this way??

Replies

• sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    You are not alone, sometimes I just want to quit. I guess we just have to push through it : )
  • iggyscott
    iggyscott Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Of course we all do but dont give in.
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    Not me - at least not yet! LOL I get a rush in logging what I eat. It's even better when I don't know for sure what to eat and I play around with the food database to come up with ideas of what to eat!

It may get old someday - just not today!
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Believe me you're not alone. There's days i just want to quit, but i think i'd know what would happen if i did! I keep pushing through it. :ohwell:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way right now. I'm so sick of it all. I don't want to gain my weight back, but I don't want to do this anymore. It's taking over my life. I'll never be able to stop though. I hate this so much! i'm tired of counting, counting, counting. All I can think about is food, food, food!!
  • shayborder
    Options
    You are not the only one. I get sick of it but at the weekly weigh in I have no one to blame but myself. I have noticed it is even worse after I am out all day and have to sit down and figure out what I ate. We push and keep going.
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh I get very tired of it! But I would rather go thru the pains of that instead of weighing 220 pounds like I used to and eating whatever was out there.
    Hang in there and it will all be worth it!! :)

Barb
  • amandakay3000
    Options
    I actually love doing it! Especially when i submit each day and my estimated weight in 5 weeks just keeps getting lower and lower!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I never do. I like to see what I eat, whats going into my body and I like to be accountable for everything. When you start making excuses, its a really slippery slope to falling off the bandwagon....
  • brat4life
    brat4life Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Logging has been my downfall on many tries at losing weight - I just have to do it or I eat WAY too many calories and can't figure out why I'm gaining. So far - I find this site the easiest of any I've used so far. A lot of my convenience meals are already in here too which makes it easier to track. Good Luck!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, we all get sick of it. As my counselor says, though, we have a choice: we can eat whatever we want and stay the way we are (or get even fatter), or we can do what we need to do and reach our goals. I admit I often make the wrong choice, but when comes right down to it the choice is ours. We can either feel bad about having to track everything, or we can feel bad that we are fat and not able to do anything about it.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Not really. I have been doing it for over 200 days and still am excited each day to do it.

Maybe it is because this has enabled me to lose weight for the first time in a very long time. It makes sense and it works.

Try not to think of it as a chore, but as an activity that will successfully influence the rest of your life if you keep it up.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I love it. I look forward to it. This site and the function of taking control of my meal planning and eating habits has allowed me to succed in more than just weight loss.

I spend less time figuring out what's to eat.
    I save money at the store
    I have healthy choices for snacks and treats instead of junk
    I can track my calories and exercise all in one place.
    I gain confidence in what I'm doing by interacting withe everyone else on MFP (and researching what they say for myself)

I will never go back to my old 'Junkie', processed food, overeating, lazy *kitten* lifestyle. Think ahead, look ahead.

ZH
  • Lorijo50
    Lorijo50 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am tired of it, but I am more tired of weighing this much and not having the energy to do what I want to.
  • cjnorman
    cjnorman Posts: 93
    Options
    I hate the logging recipes. Sometimes I think boxed food would be so much easier. Since I never make my recipes the same way twice I tend to cheat and just use a close enough one that I have already built. But I am seeing results, so I keep doing it. I hope some day I will feel like I just know what to eat and how much.

Last night's homemade vegetable soup had nearly 20 ingredients. Have to get around to logging that sometime today.
  • Happytobealive
    Options
    I look at it as holding myself accountable. I know that if I don't no one else will. Plus when I write it down, I know that when I weigh in it will all be worth it. Good luck and don't give up.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    ALL THE TIME!!!! sometimes i just feel like eating and not caring whats in it or how much of it i ate...can get u down sometimes...i know it does me lol
  • epdsn
    epdsn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I get to this point, with anything really, I just think to myself, "This is when it really counts. Don't give up. Don't think. Just do it".
  • lola4mk
    lola4mk Posts: 9
    Options
    It is a chore but helps to stay within the daily calorie goals. Logging the water also helps me to make sure I am staying on track. I am trying to remember slow and steady wins this weight battle. Today I am struggling with working out. I know diet alone will not do it for me, so off I go to burn calories. I also need to determine if I am eating too few calories for effective weight loss. My goal is 1500 daily.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Weirdly enough I haven't yet. I can get pretty meticulous about somethings because I love routines. However, I'm sure the day will come when I don't want to log. That's why I have all of you guys and your wonderful support. :)