Gym and Trainer :)

Options
I had previously been walking 5 days a week but decided to change it up. In total I have lost 24lbs with another 50lbs to go. For the last two months I have been going to the gym 3 days a week and then twice a week doing an intense cardio walk of about 40mins. I must say I am feeling better about myself and more so because I have stuck to it. Though the weight is going down SLOWLY and varies I have funny enough dropped a jeans size :)
Two weeks ago, the trainer and owner of the gym approached me and said that he has been watching me come in religiously and it seems that I'm determined to get to my goal and that he would assist me in stepping up my game.
Well OMG!!! we are on week 2 and its amazing what a difference it is with someone who knows what they are doing. Not lying that the workouts are INTENSE but I am doing exercises I never dreamed I could because of my size...ie: the fit ball and ab crunches!!! My trainer has said to be prepared because it will get harder BUT will pay off
I am now excited and waiting to see my body transform and wondering how long it will take to see these changes........
Would love to know from any of you if you did something similar and how it went?

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're wondering how long it will take to see a difference it could take anywhere from 6 months to a year depending upon fitness goals. If you are lookin to see definition it'll take a good year or even two. If you are lookin to see the inches drop off give it bout 3 months.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Well, if you're wondering how long it will take to see a difference it could take anywhere from 6 months to a year depending upon fitness goals. If you are lookin to see definition it'll take a good year or even two. If you are lookin to see the inches drop off give it bout 3 months.
    I actually beg to differ, she could see results within a week. Throughout training I constantly saw results, different things each time. Whether it was with strength (still counts as results), losing fat, waist getting a little smaller, feet being less swollen, muscles showing up and body parts having muscle that you never knew that had. Take everything prositive thing you see as a result!!! You will make purges quickly, physically. The weight loss with have slow spots and wicket spots, but just keep trucking. The trainer will be an excellent tool for you to get a better.idea of how much more you are capable if....and guess what!!!! You will become more and more capable as you go...but your trainer won't let it get easy...and that is key.
    I suggest your take measurements so you can see where you are making progress even when the scale takes a break...cuz it happens. Congrats on the trainer!! Keep up the hard work.... Just remember a good clean well rounded diet is an even bigger factor in your successes. :)
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I've used a trainer in the past and recently returned to him for a 4 month boot-camp style regime. I love it! I've seen him for 4 weeks now 2x a week and though I've only lost 6 lbs in that time, I have gained crazy amounts of stamina (think 6 straight minutes of butt kicks and knee-high running in place) and several inches. The weight-loss process should be a marathon, not a sprint. If you try to lose weight too quickly you're really losing muscle not fat, and that can make you weaker in the long run. My advice is to use what he gives you throughout the week. I workout with him 2x a week but the other 4 days I go to the gym, I do his routines and that helps a lot too.
    Good luck!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I would say, you will notice a lot of differences...not just in your body but as others have said, in your strength and stamina. I started doing a boot camp 2 months ago and I have only lost 4 lbs the whole time (out of @30 that I need to lose), but I FEEL totally different.

Especially with the ab work...in just a couple/few weeks you will start to notice a lot of day-to-day stuff getting easier because of the core strength you're building. That's a great reward for your hard work!
  • jeaniedev
    jeaniedev Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!!!!!
    I have been with my trainer twice a week going on week 5 and I have seen results in the first week. I have lost 15 lbs in first four weeks and will weigh in for my 5th week on Friday~~ Just changing up your routine and having someone else to help to guide and push you is so AMAZING>.....Despite the 5:30 am sessions..I LOVE working out with him. He has pushed me to places I never thought I could go and can't wait to surpass my goals..I just ran 2 miles WITHOUT stopping when I started I ran 3 MINUTES.....AMAZING I feel stronger and feel amazing..

KEEP IT UP!!!
  • Michelleanon
    Michelleanon Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE for your words of support and advice....That's great! I know I am on the right track...but there are days when it is soo much harder and you feel down. HOWEVER, I got my first compliment today from someone who said "wow...you are loosing weight girl" :blushing: :flowerforyou: It felt sooooooo good!
    Jeaniedev: Hahaha funny....I ran on the treadmill for the first time last friday and I only lasted 3mins...so hopefully I will get there.
    My trainer has changed the routine daily so far and he says its only going to get harder :noway: BUT he promises me results as long as I stick to it....so here goes...no retreat, no surrender!!!! We took before pics and measurements but I will only be posting those after...hahaha..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!