dont be ashamed of

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
where you've come from or where you are.....

this applies to every area of life but i'm specifically talking about weight here. I read soo many posts where people say i would post a pic but i'm so ashamed so i'll just wait until i've lost x amount of lbs.. I say dont be ashamed if you are 100lbs or more overweight thats ok because you are now working on a lifestyle change. all of us are here for a better healthier life and all of us had circumstances that led to us getting where we currently are or previously were. So instead of being ashamed just accept that this is where you currently are and go for it. I mean look at all the successful people here who were where you are and now look like cover models lol it can be done, and if you stick with it it will be done.. but dont be ashamed of yourself maybe you didnt know how to eat right, maybe you had an illness, or maybe like me you didnt realize how bad it got, just do your best from this day on and make the change, dont make excuses make the change! and remember mfp is a place of support so again dont be ashamed at all

Replies

• SiouxPrincess
    SiouxPrincess Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!! Sometimes we all need a little reminder to be happy with who we are ~ No Matter What.
    :-)
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    well said! Thank you, I needed that right about now :)
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    Nicely said!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    im still not putting my picture up yet :P
  • MyBeautyIsSkinDeep
    Options
    Amen!!!! It is all about moving FORWARD!!!! WE are all Beautiful people:bigsmile:
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, Mr.Awesome. I found a pic of me a few days ago from the time where I started here. And I couldn't believe what I looked like back then. I was thinking "I'm never going to post this ... it's too embarrassing." But thinking about it... this was me back then. No reason to be ashamed of. I made the decision to change and I should be proud of it. This is where I came from. Never be ashamed of your past. It's a part of your future.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you!!! This is an awesome post and I am one of those people who are so ashamed of how I look. I am middle aged, have just recently been diagnosed with a heart problem, borderline diabetic and have had 3 back surgeries. I am also on cholesterol medicine and really want to get healthy and stay healthy. My weight has gone up 2 or3 lbs in the last couple of weeks and I feel so defeated but am hoping it is due to stress and new dieat for heart etc. I too have told myself that my body is actually a temple of God and I really need to take care of it since I am just borrowing it per say. Thank you again so much for this wonderful post it is very encouraging to all of us. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.

Bev
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I needed that today!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    You are right. I will never let myself be photographed. My profile picture is the only photo taken of me in the last few years. I am a scrapbooker and I feel badly for my kids. When they get older & look at these books, I will not be there!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Well said :)
  • trishatruss
    Options
    AMEN !!! :heart: