My first big NSV :)

Options
I ran my first ever 5km today at the gym. I've been running seriously for about 3 months now and I would always stop at 30 minutes or just over 3 km. Today I pushed myself and did 5km in just under 44 minutes. I know it's not lightening speed...but it's a start. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I've always wanted to "learn" how to run. Good for you!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You just hit my goal!! Great job!! :)
  • mom2claudia
    Options
    Awesome, AWESOME job!!!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!
  • EZGruv
    EZGruv Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That's pretty similar to my treadmill 5K time. Good work!
  • daniellejg
    Options
    It's for sure better than I can do, Good job!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I've started back running in January after a 17 year hiatus, and the first time I ran 5K, I thought I was on top of the whole freaking world! Keep it up! You are doing GREAT!!! Oh, and when you try it outside, I'm betting your time is much shorter! Dreadmills are hard!
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Great job! Don't worry about speed. That will come as continue running because you will build muscle and stamina. Running is hard on the body so it is better to go slow and keep the knees soft than to run full speed and pound the knees.

I enjoy my early morning runs because I just lose myself watching the pavement go by. Very relaxing.
  • amo13
    amo13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Good job!
  • 4Calix
    4Calix Posts: 38
    Options
    That is so awesome! Good for you. Feel proud girl.....very proud it's a huge accomplishment to push yourself. You are an inspiration :)
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    Way to go! I just started the couch to 5 K this morning. I'm on my way.
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Thanks all...you are the reason why I love MFP. Cheers :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!