How has your weight loss affected other areas of your life?

Options
I have realized that my overall self-image is beginning to improve as I shed pounds that have clung to me for years and years.

It got me to wondering how other peoples' lives change outside of weight loss. I have to admit that right now I am probably too hyperfocused on all the weight loss stuff, but I know it's helpful for motivation for the interim.

What other areas of your life have you noticed improvements in confidence or image?

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    SEX, I'm more comfortable with myself. My husband loves it!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    PROS:
    Better attitude & outlook on life.
    Kick *kitten* self image.
    Taking overall better care of myself ( facials, aging products, etc )
    Less binge drinking :drinker: he he
    Shopping is WAY more enjoyable ( not just shoe shopping...shoes dont make you feel fat )
    I wouldn't have gotten hired at by part time job 30 lbs ago ( Cowboy bar....sad, but true, no one wants a fat girl is daisy dukes )
    More money in my bank account from Less eating out & drinking & new Bar job

CONS:
    I juge heavier people when I see crap food in their grocery carts
  • flaquitadelafrontera
    Options
    Even though I'm not even half way to my goal of getting back to my healthy weight, I feels so great that my old clothes are starting to fit. It's so nice to go into a dressing room, and feel that several (yes, several-yippie) things I try on look, and most importantly, feel good on! Those days seemed so far away just a couple months ago! Nothing feels better than feeling good in your own skin, right?!!! I'm loving this journey back to healthy:)
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My intimate life has incredibly improved since I shed the last pounds of baby weight. I don't know, I guess I thought I'd be right back at my pre-baby body as soon as I'd come back home with the baby... NOT. I was embarassed to just be naked :frown:
  • rizorw
    rizorw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Michelle- I agree, sex is better without the extra weight.

But also playing with my kids. I noticed I have more fun with them at the park because I am willing to get off my butt and play.

And my old clothes are starting to fit again. It is like having new clothes that I liked before, I still like them and I fell good about wearing them again.

Taking pictures, I am more willing to get my pic taken because I no longer feel like a cow.

I could go on, weight loss has been the best thing I have done for myself in a long time.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My husband and son are both slimming without trying hard all because I am. My kiddo likes to excercise, and I've noticed that my "fat clothes" are huge on me these days :) I feel better and definately more energetic..Sex is awesome, and I'm enjoying the great outdoors!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Sex life is better. I feel so much more confident, shopping is way for fun, I feel more outgoing and I enjoy doing stuff with friends and family more now.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    jennamarie, lol, me too

i thought I was the only one to kinda watch what people were putting in their shopping carts, Im so dam anal now about eatling, lol

I thought I was the only one........thanks, you made my day here seeing Im not the only one

also ,whoa, I live in a city where its number 3 in the state for Diabetes, and Im shocked when I see the crap that the kids toss in the basket . The parents dont say a word, but when I see the size of the parents and then the kids , and I mean 14 year old kids, as big as the mother , it really really is something to worry about

in regards to the OP , I would say I love to walk 100 times more, esp here on our Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio....its a beautiful river with tons of resturants and shops, tons of tourists, and its really nice and friendly, so for me, I have TONS AND TONS of energy....no more excuses not to walk now, I am so so much healthier..........thanks for this post, its good.........Llloyd
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Lloyd....San Antonio is one of my favorite vacation spots...the riverwalk and the people. Its an amazing town :)