16 Secrets The Restaurant Industry Doesn't Want You to Know

Options
jojo52610
jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
Here' s the link to the story - it's long

http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100187534&page=1

Geesh my 12 year old just had french toast sticks fand hash browns for breakfast ugh

10. Burger King

... doesn't want you to know that its French Toast Sticks (which deliver more than 4 grams of fat per stick) share a deep fryer with the pork sausage, Chicken Tenders, Chicken Fries, Big Fish patties, hash browns, onion rings, and Cheesy Tots-and that all of those items contain harmful trans fats. But there is hope: After the company was sued by the Center for Science in the Public Interest for moving too slowly to remove trans fats from its menu, Burger King promised to phase them out by the end of 2008.

July 2008 Update: Burger King still has not eliminated trans fats. A large order of hash browns has an incredible—borderline criminal, really—13 grams of trans fat.

Replies

• jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Here' s the link to the story - it's long

http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100187534&page=1

Geesh my 12 year old just had french toast sticks fand hash browns for breakfast ugh

10. Burger King

... doesn't want you to know that its French Toast Sticks (which deliver more than 4 grams of fat per stick) share a deep fryer with the pork sausage, Chicken Tenders, Chicken Fries, Big Fish patties, hash browns, onion rings, and Cheesy Tots-and that all of those items contain harmful trans fats. But there is hope: After the company was sued by the Center for Science in the Public Interest for moving too slowly to remove trans fats from its menu, Burger King promised to phase them out by the end of 2008.

July 2008 Update: Burger King still has not eliminated trans fats. A large order of hash browns has an incredible—borderline criminal, really—13 grams of trans fat.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yuck!!!!:sick:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I really hope more states follow New York's lead. It is not right that a company can hide what they are unleashing on the public.
    If I am going out to eat somwhere, I look up the information before I go and plan my meal out in advance. If I can't find the nutritional information on it, I don't eat it. (which has forced me to not eat at some of my favorite places :sad: )
    I know a lot of people that use the overestimate method and then are shocked to find that sometimes it ends up still being almost triple what they estimated.
    Scary out there.
  • jamieerindesigns
    Options
    I dont think I will be going out to dinner any time soon, you think Oh its quick and easy, but compared to the calories... its quick and easy to put on the weight too... I will stick with cooking at home :smooched: thanks for the article!