6 lbs from my goal and I have stopped losing :-(

Options
I am so close but have not lost a pound in 3 weeks! I just read an article about how to change things up. Looks like I need to get back to strength training. I have a great cardio work out 1 .5 hrs a day for at least 800-1000 calorie burn at least that is what my HRM says I am doing. I think my body has become use to this burn. So it is not as effective as it once was. My strength training has been non-existent for 2 reason I had surgrey and had to be out for 6 weeks, and I attempted to resume it and had all kinds of issues with my instentine(the point of surgery) after so I have been very nervous about starting back up. I did 25 push ups today and add adb crunches about 100 to my routine today to see if I can handle the change better then last time. So frustrated I can't give up just need a new direction I think!

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Check out the blog in my signature, it explains some things to do. Strength training is definitely one of them, if you can build up some muscle, you'll burn more calories at rest and improve your metabolism.
  • Snowbunny95
    Snowbunny95 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problem too. I've lost about 20 lbs so far with 10-15 to go. I am cycling, yoga, skiing, something everyday, but haven't lost any weight in about 2-3 weeks. Scale seems to be within the same 2-3 lbs no matter what I do!

So frustrating - I need to get down to weight for cycling season :(
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    Honestly. the best answer is to just work your body hard the next few days. Push harder than you have ever, you'd be surprised at what you're capable of. :)

Eat light, and stay focused and you can make your goal! :flowerforyou:
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    mix up the cardio. do different things than what you were doing. you can try interval training. ie. run fast for 30 seconds, jog slowly or walk for 90 seconds..etc and keep repeating. go shorter and go harder.

mix in other forms of exercise.

weight training is great - but maybe check with doc re: your post surgery routine. you can try things like squats and lunges. perhaps start with just your bodyweight. Try some full body type movements as well.

you are almost there! keep going.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    what about doing HIIT maybe that would push it?
  • moriah87
    moriah87 Posts: 27
    Options
    well, since you've lost weight, that means that your BMR has changed. it's now lower, probably about where your daily calorie goal is now. (since you've just been maintaining weight for 3 weeks) To lose weight you need to have a calorie deficit. since you've lost weight, and your BMR is lower, you need to go back and again lower your daily calorie goal to keep losing weight. i'd go down about 250 calories. that should help! maybe go back to a bmr calculator and enter in your new weight and height, and then lower your calorie goal to 500 under this new BMR. good luck :)
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Honestly. the best answer is to just work your body hard the next few days. Push harder than you have ever, you'd be surprised at what you're capable of. :)

Eat light, and stay focused and you can make your goal! :flowerforyou:

I like this advice. Not saying that you arent doing this, but people always try to figure out some riddle for 'the last few lbs' or 'to break through the plateau'....I personally think, change it up a little but be INTENSE. Run your body super lean for a couple of days, give it nowhere to hide. Once your insides realize that you aren't joking around, they will cave. I personally like to switch up my food. I go super light on calories for a couple of days and then go over for a day. Keeps my body guessing. I have lost like 30 lbs doing this.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    30 day shred. You need strength training, hands down. If you combine that with running a little lean as mentioned you will do great, even if you cut back in the cardio