newbie from uk

Options
hi all looking for help...and friendships to help me to achieve my goal of losing a total of 100lbs!!! but need to lose 50lbs over the next 12 weeks!!! can this be done?:happy:

Replies

• RedsoxFan88
    RedsoxFan88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am in the 100 pound club as well! I think 50 pounds in 12 weeks will be extremely hard, that is a little over 4 pounds a week. I am at the point where any pounds that I lose is a positive thing. It never comes off fast enough for me! I am going for 80 pounds by the first of October..my daughter's wedding!

Best of luck to you!
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    WOW!!! Best of luck to you.
  • HelensReady
    Options
    thanks ...yes i think i may be a little too ambitious!

best of luck to you too
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good luck, your in the right place for help and support! x
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    good luck with it,

difficult to say if it's possible, only you can determine that though with your exercise regime and diet, and most importantly not making yourself so ill in doing it........

maybe aim for a 3rd of that target but in half the time, if you can do that, increase the new target,

whatever you do, good luck with it and get on here when your feeling down, the support is fantastic...
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi Helen, good to see another new member from the UK!

I would agree with the other posters that 50lbs in 12 weeks isn't realistic - 20lbs-25lbs would be closer to the mark, if you overdo it you risk making yourself ill, and you're more likely to put it all back on later.

Anyway, the support and advice on these forums is second to none (though there are so many conflicting opinions, don't take anything as gospel until you have done your own research), and the best of luck in your weight-loss journey.

Sending the fellow Brit a friend invite :happy:
  • tracywba
    tracywba Posts: 21
    Options
    Morning Helen. I'm UK based too. I don't have quite as much to loose as you but i'm not far off....I need to loose between 70 - 75llbs.

I think 50llbs in 12 weeks is maybe a bit much to expect. I think you might be better aiming for half of that. Personally i'm just gonna take it as it comes. and if I stick to it I hope to be 50llbs lighter by the end of the year.

Anyway best of luck with your weight loss. I hope you achieve the goals you have set for yourself:smile:
  • bella2509
    bella2509 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Helen

I'm also from the UK and new to here.

I'm trying to loose weight after having my son, 18 months ago.

Good Luck with your program, and if you need some support just shout.

Claire x