First Half....

Options
Ok, so I am petrified to sign up for my First Half marathon.....I have started the training...but seriously cant bring myself to register... HELP!! Why the heck am I so scared?

Replies

• HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    REGISTER!!!! I think you are afraid of commitment. :o) I felt the very same way with my first half, but once I registered, I knew I HAD to do the hard work. You will be surprised at the attitude difference that registering will make. DO IT!!!! :o)
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Maybe afraid to fail but truly there is only success! No matter how far you make or how long it takes, the important thing is you did it! Just the training is sucess, so don't be afraid, just go for it! You are a winner!

Best of Luck and let us know how you do!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Probably because once you register, you are 100% committed with no way out (other than injury!). Go for it and get signed up as otherwise you may be more encouraged to take some extra rest days when running is scheduled. Don't be scared, training is the hard part, running the 1/2 is the fun part!
  • lorika1977
    lorika1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat - training for my first half but didn't register. I am not scared of it, I just didn't do it yet. I think of it as an endurance process and like to see how much will power I have. It's all in your mind and once you will get this done, you will feel so much stronger. Do it, and finish it!
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    REGISTER!! I had never ran more than a mile in my life when my husband started running full marathons. He was so sure that I could do it that I listened to him and signed up for a half marathon myself. I followed Hal Higdon's program and was able to do it!! I did walk a few minutes of it, but not much at all. I am slow but wanted to just be able to say I finished. I'm so glad that he believed in me when I didn't!!

Danielle
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    BTW...I keep registering for more half-marathons because it keeps me running. Otherwise, I fall off the wagon! Happy Trails!! :wink: