I have a question

Options
I am very curious how i get my calorie intake higher without raising my protein or carbs. I seem to be fine without exercising, but then once the calories for the exercise are subtracted, I'm not eating enough. Do I need to raise my intake of protein and carbs as well. I am new to this and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Me

Replies

• markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am very curious how i get my calorie intake higher without raising my protein or carbs. I seem to be fine without exercising, but then once the calories for the exercise are subtracted, I'm not eating enough. Do I need to raise my intake of protein and carbs as well. I am new to this and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
    Me

increase your healthy fats intake, to me its like almost all foods are either Carbs or protein, I say increase your veggie intake
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    They are set as ratios. If you up your calories it will up your protein, carbs and fat.
    You can tweek that but going to my home, goals, and custom.
    Steph
  • hmschultz
    hmschultz Posts: 32
    Options
    I was having no luck at first even though I was working out and eating well. I stopped logging my exercise! I still keep a close eye on calories and log it, but I keep track of workouts in the "note" section at the bottom of my diary. Once I stopped logging the workouts (calorie burn monitored with heartrate monitor) the scale started moving and the inches started melting again.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    that might be difficult. But don't forget that a woman's body needs 50-60 grams of protein every day. That information comes directly from a dietitian. You will not lose weight if your body is starving. So make sure you get your protein in....you can use protein shakes, Whey protein powder, or protein bars.. My caloric intake is fairly low but my daily protein intake is in the range. I use a fabulous protein powder called UNJURY. It was recommened by my physician. Look it up on www.unjury.com