Can't feel it!

Options
I've lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks, fantastic right? But I don't see or feel it! My clothes aren't any less snug and I don't see any difference in my face (which is where I usually lose first). I'm trying not to get frustrated, what am I missing??

Replies

• squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    have you checked your measurements? maybe they are smaller.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    You are looking too hard! Chill and the next few lbs will show.
  • aseldomridge
    Options
    I haven't been feeling it either. I don't know what the deal is, my clothes are a little looser but not anything really noticeable. I have other people tell me I looked I lost but I still don't see it. My husband told me it's because I see myself everyday! lol Don't get discouraged though I'm sure we'll see it eventually!
  • AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    have you checked your measurements? maybe they are smaller.

I agree! I couldn't notice any difference either but my measurements told a different story. :smile:
  • ref505
    ref505 Posts: 1
    Options
    I always notice weight loss in really weird locations first (like my knees if you can believe it) so if it's any consolation you're not alone. I generally don't start to really feel or notice things or have clothes start feeling better until 15lbs or so (because really, who notices that their pants fit better aroudn their knees - lol). So just hang in there! You'll start to notice soon!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    That's almost exactly where I am, and even though I'm not SEEING a huge difference, I'm FEELING so much better! Emotionally and physically. So try not to stress, its all worth it, and it will show eventually if you don't give up! :)
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to that little voice in your head that's saying, "Sure, the scale is going down, but did you REALLY lose anything?"

I get that voice in my head, too. Just shut that thing out and rejoice in your success. Sometimes we don't know what to do with success, having been disappointed so many times, so we assume that maybe it's not actual, real, authentic success.

But it is, trust me. Your hard work is paying off. Enjoy it!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I think you're looking too closely at yourself AND you see yourself everyday so the little changes that happen daily are not noticeable for you anymore. Also, (I don't know how tall you are) taller people will not show as easily as someone like me who is only 5' tall. 10 lbs on a small frame is more noticeable than on a 5'7" frame. Your weight change may be evenly distributed this time around.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Give it time and keep going. You'll see a difference soon.
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    You are doing great! Just stick with it, results will show soon.

Have you ever heard of the paper towel theory? Someone here posted it once, I can't word it as perfectly as she did, but basically think of your body as a roll of paper towels, the inner cardboard tube represents your goal weight and the towels are the pounds you want to lose. In the beginning you take off 1 or 2 sheets and you can't tell a difference, it still looks like a full roll. But as the roll gets smaller and smaller, removing just 1 or 2 sheets makes a BIG difference and is really noticable.

The first 10-20 pounds I lost, my clothes fit pretty much the same. My breasts and ankles were smaller, but that was about it. I felt a lot better and healthier, so I tried to focus on that. NOW - I have finally gone down a size, and I have quite a few shirts and pants that I just can't wear at all, anymore. You don't have as much weight to lose as I do, so my guess is that you will see big changes by the time you reach 20lbs lost, and then the changes will happen pretty rapidly as you lose. Don't let this discourage you!
  • mllowe2
    mllowe2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I really appreciate it!!
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You should try carrying something that is equivalent to 12 pounds around the house for a little while and you will realize just what a difference you have made for yourself already! Congratulations on your success to date, you're on the right path. I've lost 23 pounds and am only just starting to really feel the 'give' in my clothes. I still have double that to lose, but finally it's all starting to feel right! Patience grasshopper :-)
  • tkimbre2
    tkimbre2 Posts: 63
    Options
    I have NEVER thought of weight loss that way, but the 'paper towel theory' is an exact comparison! It makes you look at it in a whole new way! :bigsmile: