Photo to show why you shouldn't sweat a small gain!

melsinct
melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
This illustrates why a *brief *uptick on the scale shouldn't upset you if you know you are faithfully logging what you eat!

I weigh myself daily and log it. Sometimes I am up, sometimes I am down. I know the daily ups and downs all have to do with sodium intake, water intake, hormones, and the list goes on, but I like to track it anyway. I decided to chart my daily weigh-ins from when I started MFP through today (I know MFP has a tool that does something similar but I don't like it as much as mine).

This is just a piece of the graph...Look at the peaks and valleys! I wish everyone who has a down day about a two pound gain could look at this! It kind of puts it all in perspective that your body is always changing.

chart.jpg

Replies

• velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    as someone who likes charts and graphs - thank you =) Looks like my RRSP fund but in the other direction ;-)
  • toodleton
    toodleton Posts: 82
    Thanks for sharing, I had one of those ups on the scale today and was kinda bummed about it but it looks like it all works out in the end, hopefully :)
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    I am a frequent weigher too . . .it's all about the trend!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Yay :D

I wasn't too freaked when I saw myself gain 2lbs especially because I know the night before I ate waaaaay too much sodium, and I'm still 2lbs below what I started at!

Thank you so much for showing us this chart. I weigh myself every day but only log the losses - I should totally start logging the gains too :) IT would make an amazing charge!

Thanks for the idea ^_^
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Did I create this post? It's hilarious because I really could have. Years before I found MFP I tracked my weight, exercise and food intake. Your numbers and graph look very similar to my own.
  • xaintes
    xaintes Posts: 129
    Thanks for posting! Helps put it all in perspective.
This discussion has been closed.