eat after workouts? hmmm

Options
If I have extra calories left over is it totally bad if I eat after a workout. it always makes me feel terrible like I'm eating all the calories I just worked off?

Replies

• Puggled
    Puggled Posts: 26
    Options
    AS long as it's not fatty foods you're probably best to or you run the risk of low blood sugar. Whatever you do don't drink alcohol after working out. Apparently it's the worst thing you can do. I dare say eating a full death by cake chocolate is worse but I wouldn't like to argue the point.
  • Lisa076
    Lisa076 Posts: 78
    Options
    What time of the day do you work out? I work out bright & early in the morning & then eat my breakfast pretty much right after I am done.
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    oh I should have been clear about that oops. lol I work out between 8:30-9:30 PM (my only free time) and then afterwards I feel like I need a snack...
  • TROPIKALPUNCH
    Options
    It's not so much WHEN you eat as WHAT and HOW you eat.

Be sure you are eating something healthy and that you are consciously eating - not mindlessly eating like in front of a tv or computer.
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    It's actually very important to eat something with protein or take a recovery drink if your doing resistance training. You body needs to recover the damage you just did to your muscles.
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake after I workout. It gives my body the right nutrients to repair itself and keeps me nice and full through the night until the next morning.