diet pills- do they work?

Options
I know nothing about diet pills:
So I was just curious about them:
Is there such a thing as a non caffeneited diet pill that actually works?
Are diet pills dangerous to my health?

Replies

• monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    They can be dangerous for your heart. Don't take them, just eat healthier and less. Diet pills can be very bad. They will mess with your whole sysem, it certain cases you may get addicted and when you stop, you gain the weight back. I suggest doing it the healthy way!
  • Jenn080203
    Options
    Yep, what Monica said!!
  • SamRu
    SamRu Posts: 7
    Options
    Diet pills do not work, and yes, they can be very dangerous.

There is no quick fix. If you want to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume. Whether you do that by increasing exercise, decreasing calories, or both is entirely up to you.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, plus I have never seen anyone use diet pills and keep the weight off permanently it has to be a lifestyle change so you'll have to do it yourself now or later............now is better!!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    THEY ARE BAD FOR YOU!!!!

it is best just to lose weight the healthy way...

as you work out, your metabolism will speed up..

as you work out and eat healthy you will naturally lose weight... may be slower, but it is healthy and you will keep the weight off...

Say NO to diet pills

slow and steady wins the race.
  • Cherrycandy
    Cherrycandy Posts: 200
    Options
    I took phentermine and it made me sick. I felt GREAT for the 1st few days, had more enegy than I had ever had and then my heart started to flutter and act up. I started feeling nervous and jittery and it also gave me bad headaches. There are people that are on heart medication for the rest of thier lives because of diet drugs. I got off of it after about a month. Yeah, I was losing weight like crazy, but the side effects and damage to my health wasnt worth it. Also, it will cause you to test positive for amphetamines.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've lost 65 lbs and never once in my life have I taken any pills, supplement (aside from a daily multivitamin), caffeine pill, pre-made meal plan, etc.

It can be done by just changing your eating and exercise habits and focusing on your health first! And it didn't take a million years to lose 65 lbs. I did it in the span of a year and a half.
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    I agree with everyone DON'T DO IT!. If u love yourself then do something good for your body and exercise and eat right, that is the only for sure way to lose the weight for good. There are no quick fixes out there. MFP is a support system, but not a support system for dieting the wrong way. This journey is not a "diet" its a lifetime change. Good luck to u
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    thanks everyone for your answers! now I know how harmful diet pills are. i was planning to do it the regular way exercise eat healthy get on here where I am meeting new nice friends every day and I already see a change. thanks!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi! Oh, they will work all right! What they did for me was boost my metabolism so much and make me so irritable that people could not stand to be around me. My heart would race and much worse I could not sleep straight through the night! Please do some research if you are considering it! Best wishes!
  • yanksgurl613
    Options
    I am not planning to take any I was just curious about them since I see them on tv and in magazines all the time.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    They can be dangerous for your heart. Don't take them, just eat healthier and less. Diet pills can be very bad. They will mess with your whole sysem, it certain cases you may get addicted and when you stop, you gain the weight back. I suggest doing it the healthy way!

They can be very dangerous like stated above, especially if certain health conditions run in your family. I tried slimquick once and it worked but I started to have heart palpatations really bad so I stopped and gained all the weight back within a couple of weeks. If you ever know of anyone who is thinking about taking them, please tell them to look up the side effects of them before doing so. They can be very damaging to your body.
  • jojokmack
    jojokmack Posts: 117
    Options
    Can I just say I have started using Adios Max,...herbal tablets. They claim to speed your Metabolism, and so far they are helping. Whether they are actually doing anything,....or maybe its just the 'Placebo Effect', I dunno? But they are speeding it up a little. And every little helps!
    I would NEVER advocate illegal diet pills however,...they are basically just speed! xxx