anyone had a nuclear stress test

Options
Has anyone had a nuclear stress test, where they inject stuff (isotopes) into you, to make your heart work harder, and then they take a photo of your heart, this is in place of a treadmill test...
Thanks for all replies.
Natalie
Forgot to ask, did you get sick at all, or have bad feelings or experiences?

Replies

• forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know someone who just had one last week. He said for about 1-4 minutes it feels like you absolutely cannot get oxygen and it's kind of scary. I think it's better if you know what to expect so you don't panic. Otherwise, he was really tired afterward but he said it wasn't too bad. Part of his tiredness may have had more to do with the stroke he had last year than with the stress test itself.

HTH. Good luck!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    My mom had one in the fall but I didn't ask about side effects...the test came out fine though. If I think about it, I'll ask her tonight.

Good luck on the test, hope all is well.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Thank you for asking, I am having it in 2 hours, not happy, kinda scared.
    Natalie
  • kelly_00
    kelly_00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 years old and I've had two of them done. I really didn't find them to be bad at all. They were annoying because they took quite awhile to get the pictures taken and all, but other than that it's really no big deal.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Drink lots and lots of water to get the isotopes out. I had a very bad headache after they injected me, and that is what they said works the best.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    WELL< it'ss over, I had it about 2 hours ago, and not bad at all, yes, they did say to DRINK WATER, so that is what I am doing, even tho it's 7:30 at night now, I don't want to drink mucho water before bed, i'll be up all night!!
    I went in there with fears of nausea, headache, and chest pains, didn't have any of that, after ONE MINUTE after they injected the stuff, they injected caffeine to stop it...the rest was a piece of cake...
    Natalie