actual age vs how you feel

Options
mamagooskie
mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
I was just wondering how old are you and in your current state of health/fitness how old do you feel?

Has that changed with weight loss/gain?

I am 32 and right now I feel like I'm 20, I have so much energy, and I can finally wear all the clothes that are in style and I feel like a million bucks. Losing weight has changed my life for the better.

BUT 1 year ago when I was heavy I felt like I belonged in an old folks home, I'm sure your average senior citizen was in better shape than me.

So I pretty much shaved like 30-50 years off of how I feel!

Replies

• sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i feel much younger now than i felt when i was younger. i reckon i have more energy and stamina now than i did when i was at high school!!

I'll go with 17!!

(even though i have had a few white hairs now....)

: )
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    p.s i just turned 27 in real life : )
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It varies...mostly I feel and act a lot younger then I am (46) but other times feel like I am a lot older then that. :ohwell:
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 but haven't aged mentally in 10 years!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Working on getting my body to fit my mind and heart. Really felt way too old at the start, getting really close. See my profile.
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    I'm 35 but haven't aged mentally in 10 years!

I feel the same.
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i remember when i was about 24-25 i felt like was 40 years old!!! especially after having 3 kids and gaining over 100+ lbs. but now that Im 29 and much more healthier...i feel a little closer to my own age...maybe some where around 32-33...with time i hope to feel as i use to when i was 17 :)
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, was really sluggish feeling before I started MFP, but now I feel like I did in High School, back when I was a bundle of energy all the time. I don't know what to do with all my energy some days :happy:
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    This one is hard to answer. There are days that I feel older than others. I feel like since I have lost weight that my face looks older because I no longer have the round kid face I use to.

I no longer have back issues and I feel like I can do anything I want with out getting winded or tired.

I unfortunatly have arthritis in my Knees, that flares up on occassion and when that happens I feel like I am in my 60's. :tongue:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    33 with the energy of a 20 year old! This a beautiful thing!
  • chrissy_824
    chrissy_824 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 but I feel like I'm 25! :happy:
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    When I was heavier and was with my long term partner at the time, I felt like a fat, frumpy, old middle aged woman stuck at home wishing her hubby would lighten up and do something fun with her. Now that I've shed the weight, the boyfriend and emotional torture, I feel like a brand new person again. I'm 28 and feel like I'm 22 at least :P My friends tell me I look younger too so its a bonus! woop! I'm definitely a lot more energetic and happier than before :)
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    33 with the energy of a 20 year old! This a beautiful thing!

Isn't it though! It's like being young again with all the extra wisdom!!! LOL
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, but feel like I'm about 14 on a good day. On a bad day, I'm about 8. I wonder if that qualifies as arrested development? ;D
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    I'm 30, but feel like I'm about 14 on a good day. On a bad day, I'm about 8. I wonder if that qualifies as arrested development? ;D

I drive school bus and my kids are junior high (13-15) I totally feel like I could fit in with them! I like sooooo many of the same things as them....but I have more wisdom so that's why I said I feel 20 and not like a teen!
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Im 28 and still can't believe that I am!! Im starting to wonder when I'll actually feel like an "adult". I already own a house, married...maybe when I have kids? Right now I feel about 18/19!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am 27 but at times I feel like I'm 40 and other times i feel like i'm 18 again.

I am very physically active and growing up i played sports, football and wrestling which are both very taxing on your body. Now I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing. So I go from one week where I feel great and my body feels like I can do anything and then the achy joints and old injuries catch up to me and I remember i'm not 18 anymore and those are the times I feel like I'm 40.

As for mentally and emotionally...I would say its the same..haha

at times I am very responsible and at other times I am just a big goof ball
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Twenty five year old trapped in a 47 year old body!!!! Used to be 44 year old trapped in a 90 year old body, and that was on a good day. I can't believe the changes in myself. From smoking and being obese to being smoke free for 5 years and a gym rat, I feel AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 in 10 days, and I'm not exactly sure how I feel...kind of like I'm behind schedule I guess.
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    Twenty five year old trapped in a 47 year old body!!!! Used to be 44 year old trapped in a 90 year old body, and that was on a good day. I can't believe the changes in myself. From smoking and being obese to being smoke free for 5 years and a gym rat, I feel AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your weight loss is AMAZING!! HOLY SMOKES! way to go!