[RANT] Feeling stuck and disappointed

Options
So yesterday, after gaining back the 3lb I'd lost over a 2 week period, I thought RIGHT! THAT'S IT! The first day back on it. I prepared a pitta for work for on my break. I work in a nightclub and am usually on a busy bar burning 1000 cals a shift.

I get to work, hardly any staff in as it's the Easter break for Uni students over here, and I'm shoved in the cloak room. Spent about 5 hours just standing there, desperate for anyone to talk to me, and about 2 hours actually doing any work putting coats away. Didn't get a break as I was on my own and couldn't leave, and so ended up having to get a work mate to sneak crisps and a choc bar in to me and sneakily scoffing them! Pitta was in my bag in the upstairs office and went in the bin when I got home at 5AM. I was 340 under yesterday.

Today I had to wait until 4.30PM to go food shopping as I was waiting for a lift. 2nd day of TOM. Today I've had a small pizza and Magnum which left me still under my cals... then I scoffed 2 chocolate cookies! So now I'm 611 over, and pissed off.

Now I know I get cravings and lazy around TOM and just want to go to bed and cry... but WHY did I buy those cookies? (a 5 pack, and the other 3 I have chucked in the bin!!!) WHY did I sabotage my day with them? To burn off the 600 now, I'd have to do over an hour on the elliptical (I have one at home), and I really can't be arsed. :explode:

Replies

• ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up, TOM is a nightmare.

Just get on track tomorrow.

Surely its illegal to not have a break?
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    I too can get dissapointed with my food intake, especially around TOM. You just need to accept the calories you ate, forgive yourself for making a crap decision to eat them and look at tomorrow as a new day. One bad day in the course of a week isn't horrendus. Plus, you likely gained back 3 lbs water weight due to TOM and will not still be holding onto that in a few days.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Ok. Take a deep breath. That past is really over. You can't do anything about the damage that has been done, but you can decide to learn from it. Those 3 pounds are likely to just be water weight. I NEVER, EVER, NEVER EVER NEVER (you get the picture) weigh around TOM. My poor little weak psyche cannot handle it. The weight gain is never 'real" . It is mostly water retention. If you continue to eat well and exercise as much a you can, a week from then those pounds will seem to vanish as if they were never there. Don't beat yourself up about a bad food choice or choices. We all do that from time to time. Its not whether you fall, because you will. Its about what you choose to do next. Hang in there! You will ALLLL RIGHT!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ok. Take a deep breath. That past is really over. You can't do anything about the damage that has been done, but you can decide to learn from it. Those 3 pounds are likely to just be water weight. I NEVER, EVER, NEVER EVER NEVER (you get the picture) weigh around TOM. My poor little weak psyche cannot handle it. The weight gain is never 'real" . It is mostly water retention. If you continue to eat well and exercise as much a you can, a week from then those pounds will seem to vanish as if they were never there. Don't beat yourself up about a bad food choice or choices. We all do that from time to time. Its not whether you fall, because you will. Its about what you choose to do next. Hang in there! You will ALLLL RIGHT!

Agreed!! Breathe, and start fresh. Love yourself.....
  • flaquitadelafrontera
    Options
    TOM can make me gain like 5 pounds..water weight, I'm not sure. Don't worry, it'll be over soon and you'll go back to normal:) Hang in there missy. You are so hard on yourself sometimes. Just make up for it tomorrow! You can do it!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You are too hard on yourself. Just drink more water than usual... and you'll be fine. You are much more healthy and aware than most people your age. Be proud of your efforts.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Don`t beat yourself up.One day doesn`t have to ruin everything you`ve worked so hard to do.
    jane:smile:
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more annoyed because I'd been slacking a bit recently, and been over a lot within the past 2 weeks, so this week I was planning on going back to my improvements I had made...

However, it has forced me to get off my *kitten* and do 30 MINUTES!!! on the elliptical! Victory! So I guess not all is lost. I am 400 over still, so I can try and make that up through the week. I'm keeping a log this week of all my calories for each day, so at the end of the week I can add them up :smile:

Thanks for the support, feeling slightly less disheartened now :drinker: