Question for anyone on Paleo or PB

Options
SOOZIE429
SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
Can anyone tell me if you think this ratio is reasonable for me. I am trying to follow Paleo/PB eating as close as possible.

25% Carbs
45% Protein
30% Fat

Thanks so much in advance!

Replies

• cgan
    cgan Posts: 15
    Options
    That's how I have my goals set, and I've been seeing results and feeling great.

One thing to be careful of is, if you are aiming for a set amount of carbs per day, is to look at the grams totals at the bottom of your food diary. When you add exercise calories the max of everything goes up. For instance, I'm trying to keep my carbs around 100g per day which is what the automatic calculator is set to right now. Once exercise calories are added in, the carb allowance can go up as high as 180g. Since I'm trying to cut fat, I generally then try to eat back my calories more from protein and fat to maintain a carb load of less than 100g for the day.

Here's an summary that might help you set your own personal goals (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-primal-carbohydrate-continuum/)... If you're just starting to change your lifestyle I think it's important (and less stressful) to take it slow, do a lot of research and eat clean. With that, if your nutrient goals aren't perfect, it's still a start and you can tweak as you see fit over time.

Good luck!