Losing my Marbles - literally! Visualize loss

Options
I'm a visual learner so I decided to make my weight loss goals into something tangible and if you like the idea, use it!

What you need:
two glass containers (pint glasses work just fine, or pretty vases)
lots of marbles
construction paper or stickers or anything fun if you want to decorate the containers (not completely though, you want to see the marbles)

Use one marble for every pound you want/need to lose. Then, from your heaviest weight, put the number of marbles you've already lost in one glass and the marbles you need to lose in another. Then, whenever you lose a pound, move a marble to your "lost" glass!

I'm keeping my glasses in the kitchen as a constant visual reminder of my goals. It's also nice to remove something tangible from one glass and drop it in the other. Then, don't get rid of the glasses when you've achieved your goals, keep them around so you can maintain!

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    GREAT IDEA!! I saw some pretty marbles for cheap at the Dollar Store.... WILL DO!!
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    Nice idea!
  • lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    love this idea--I am very visual too--I will definitely have to put this in place. Thanks so much for the idea!! Good luck on your journey!!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea, especially for those trying to maintain! Might have to go pick up some marbles :)
  • austxdreamin
    Options
    Great idea! I think I will put mine on my desk at work...as it always seems I want to munch on the bad foods at work! This will be an "in your face" reminder to drop the mini heath bar and go for the apple!!
  • wannabefit4life
    Options
    What a fantastic idea!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    Super Cute Idea!!!
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ooo! I might do this(:
  • bovbjerg