Looking to add some exercising buddies...

Options
Momcharisma88
Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
I haven't been on MFP very long at all. I am currently "out of shape". I wouldn't consider that i need to lose a lot of weight but tone more than anything. It didn't used to be that way tho. I am a 22 yr old sahm but when i was 17 my mom died and i was out on my own. Thats when i got to my biggest i've ever been. I was 155 at my heaviest because i ate through my emotions. Then i decided since obesity was a major prob in my family and one contribution to why i lost my mom that i would take care of myself. Now after 2 kids.. I am down to 113...110 on a good day. But i am soo jiggly and i have major self confidence issues due to my father always having called me fat and ugly when i was younger. So i tend to never feel good enough. Any ways my problem areas are my thighs and my mid section but i really want to tone every where. I am wanting to run a 5k by june/july. we will see. I dont care if i make friends that have the same thing or different i just need motivation because being momma takes a lot outta me and i tend to lose that motivation. So thats all im looking for is someone who wants to add me as a friend. Thank you :)

Replies

• ITSSODAMNHOT
    ITSSODAMNHOT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on MFP very long at all. I am currently "out of shape". I wouldn't consider that i need to lose a lot of weight but tone more than anything. It didn't used to be that way tho. I am a 22 yr old sahm but when i was 17 my mom died and i was out on my own. Thats when i got to my biggest i've ever been. I was 155 at my heaviest because i ate through my emotions. Then i decided since obesity was a major prob in my family and one contribution to why i lost my mom that i would take care of myself. Now after 2 kids.. I am down to 113...110 on a good day. But i am soo jiggly and i have major self confidence issues due to my father always having called me fat and ugly when i was younger. So i tend to never feel good enough. Any ways my problem areas are my thighs and my mid section but i really want to tone every where. I am wanting to run a 5k by june/july. we will see. I dont care if i make friends that have the same thing or different i just need motivation because being momma takes a lot outta me and i tend to lose that motivation. So thats all im looking for is someone who wants to add me as a friend. Thank you :)

For some reason I can't add you.. Can you send a request... Thx
  • katrine_05
    katrine_05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My biggest goal is to tone up and get in better shape as well. I'm currently training for my first half marathon. Friend me if you like!
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to tone up i would recommend starting to lift weights. you can keep your routine fairly simple and just concentrate on compound lifts. i.e. bench press, squats, dead lifts, pull ups (assisted if you have to).
  • Momcharisma88
    Options
    my current routine, i run for 30 mins... working for 45.. and a 30 min walk while my daughter is in the carrier on me everyday and i also do 200 bicycle crunches, squats, and pushups. I just dont understand why its so hard this time because after my first i was 115 and i looked great. I weigh even less this time and nothings the same but i guess that comes with the miracle of life. Workin on getting me some weights. Dont have any besides my daughter as of now.
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options

I know how you feel...I too lost my mom right out of high school and went through an eating spell...add me if you need an extra friend:happy:
  • Sessa1984
    Options
    Hey doll I be there for you . I am gonna be training.
  • Momcharisma88
    Options
    thank you sessa!!! I app it!
  • kwaterhouse
    kwaterhouse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stick with the exercise and you'll do great! I hope you find the support you are looking for