How many ounces for 1 glass of water?

Options
I drink bottled water so not sure how to mark this. Each bottle is 16.9 ounces. Anyone know??

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    8oz per glass of water. So a bottle is 2 glasses.
  • vininger
    vininger Posts: 14
    Options
    One glass of water is considered to be 8 oz. When I drink a 16.9 oz bottle of water, I just mark down 2 glasses. Close enough! :-)
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I count a bottle of water as 2. I think the reccommendation is 8 - 8oz glasses/day.
  • andiimarie
    andiimarie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A serving of water is 8 oz. A bottle of water that is 16.9 oz would be a little over 2 servings of water.
  • jkm80
    jkm80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One cup is 8oz; so a bottle of water is 2 cups (plus a little bit -- i just count it as 2).
    You can also look at it as 1 bottle = 1 pint (a pint is 2 cups)
  • kstw
    kstw Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is a little over 2 eight ounce glasses/cups of water. Usually when a program measures water it is in 8 oz increments. Or that is the way I've been used to measuring mine.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Take your weight and divide it by 15, whatever that number equals is the number of cups of water a day your suppose to be drinking... so if your number is 16, then youd have to drink 8 of those bottles a day..not very cost effective... i use a 24oz water bottle with a squirt top (just an old aquafina bottle)...24oz is 3 cups.. and i just refill it each time i empty it.. My water number is 20cups a day, so I have to drink near 7 of these bottles a day. I keep one at my desk, one on my nightstand, and then i always keep one with me---around the house or in the car, etc.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done my second bottle so that should be 4 cups im assuming? 1 to go! lol Thanks everyone.. i know probably a dumb question but wanted to be sure.
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Take your weight and divide it by 15, whatever that number equals is the number of cups of water a day your suppose to be drinking... so if your number is 16, then youd have to drink 8 of those bottles a day..not very cost effective... i use a 24oz water bottle with a squirt top (just an old aquafina bottle)...24oz is 3 cups.. and i just refill it each time i empty it.. My water number is 20cups a day, so I have to drink near 7 of these bottles a day. I keep one at my desk, one on my nightstand, and then i always keep one with me---around the house or in the car, etc.

Where did you hear to take your weight and divide it by 15 vs the old standard of drinking 8 glasses a day?
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Here is an awesome article on water consumption from the mayo clinic http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283