For Those That Weigh A Few Times A Day

donicagalek
donicagalek Posts: 526
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Which weight do you use to weigh in?

I take a few and usually feel that the middle one is fair. And yes, I like to weigh-in officially every day and I don't beat myself up if I've gained. I would have given up the first day if I did that considering I gained 6 pounds (I just started working out and I was SO swollen and it took forever to get rid of it because I was just re-injuring myself working out each day :-D ).

Replies

• nibor
    nibor Posts: 57 Member
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning before workouts or food and use this number as the "official" number.
  • bobbijo72
    bobbijo72 Posts: 63
    never weight more than once a day. and it should be first thing after emptying bladder... i weight every morning at just about the same time. give or take a half hour.. with the same tshirt and undies only.. and never get on again!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    May I ask what weighing yourself multiple time a day is supposed to accomplish?
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    I, too, weigh in every morning. I feel it keep me on track. I get nervous if I don't see what the scale says everyday. Sometimes I do get on it through the day as well.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Best to only count the one first thing in the morning (after the bathroom), as close to naked as possible. Any other times of the day are just interesting to observe. I get a kick out of weighing myself before bed and waking up in the morning 4 lbs lighter.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    I use the morning weight.. Naked, of course!!! heck, i would even trim my hair if i thought it would give me another couple of ounces off!!!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    I might weigh myself a few times a day, but is only because having a scale is new to me and I am curious about what kinds of things might make it go up and down. I only log my weight every Monday. As soon as I wake up I pee and then weigh myself with just a t-shirt and underwear on. I don't worry what the scale says until my Monday weigh in.
  • donicagalek

It doesn't hurt. :-)
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Morning after you tinkle is the best time to weigh yourself. lol Any other time is not true. If you drink 2 lbs of water, does that mean you are 2lbs heavier? Yes for the moment but that's not your actual weight !!!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    i weigh myself multiple times a day too! i go with whichever is lowest -- no joke. it just so happens that my lowest is always first thing in the morning.
  • Yep I have to weigh myself every morning in tshirt and undies x I cant bear to go a morning without doing it x always have a wee first tho x dont weigh myself throughout the day because I suffer from water retention so it wouldnt be accurate x my water retention is always gone when I wake up it just builds up during the day x so first thing is the best time to get an accurate figure x I couldnt weigh myself once a week because i cant take the wait x having said that tho if i gain a little the next day i dont panic because i know it fluctuates during the week so overall i do look at the weekly figures x
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member

True, but other than the above mention of seeing yourself lose 4 pounds overnight, it doesn't really accomplish anything either. It is just measuring your weight plus food and water taken in and food and water eliminated.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    1ST thing in the am
  • donicagalek

True, but other than the above mention of seeing yourself lose 4 pounds overnight, it doesn't really accomplish anything either. It is just measuring your weight plus food and water taken in and food and water eliminated.

I never said I lost 4 lbs overnight? :-/

So, why do you weigh yourself a few times a day? I have to assume that you do since you bothered to read this thread that's labelled "For Those That Weigh A Few Times A Day" and you're not just being a classic troll looking for opportunities to degrade other people. :-D

Or are you?
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member

it's not unlike looking at one's watch every few minutes while waiting in an airport :)
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    I always take the lowest value of all of them, which is usually in the morning before I've eaten or drunk any liquids. It's a fair and concrete mechanism and eliminates error over periods of weeks.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member

It's exciting and thrilling to weigh yourself multiple times a day! I do it for the kicks and general curiosity. Who wouldn't want to know how many litres one's bladder can hold at its maximum!?
  • extreme1der
    extreme1der Posts: 14 Member
    First thing in the morning....after going to the bathroom....before the shower naked----if you take a shower first it will weigh you heavier, because you body soaks up the wanter in the shower : )
  • donicagalek
    First thing in the morning....after going to the bathroom....before the shower naked----if you take a shower first it will weigh you heavier, because you body soaks up the wanter in the shower : )

One time I lost a half a pound post-shower (and I weighed naked pre-shower). It was so gross. All I could think was "Did I just wash off half a pound of scum?" X-D
  • yeah i like to first thing in the morning as well! trying to weigh in every three days instead of everyday, though.
This discussion has been closed.