What/Who is your motivaton?

Options
I am curious to know what or who everybody's motivation is?
Mine is my holiday on 12th June and the thought of getting in a bikini in front of lots of gorgeous toned and tanned people around the pool! I want to be able to wear pretty clothes and because I know how much it will boost my confidence.
Also because I have been fat for as long as I can remember. I was a size 8/10 at school and until I was about 17 and then it was just downhill from there - completely my own fault - but now I am taking positive steps to a happier, healthier and prolonged life.
I watch the UK Biggest Loser quite a lot and am truly inspired by some of the people I have seen on there.
Its not always easy admitting that you do not have a good relationship with food and I know so many people use it as an emotional crutch. It takes a strong person to face up to the reality and admit that it's time to change.
This site has inspired me so much and since 27th Feb this year I have lost 16lb, hitting just over my first stone weight loss today :0)

Replies

• bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your weight loss!

My greatest fitness hero is Kurt Fearnley (google him if you're in the UK you probably havent heard of him) He was born without functioning legs and is a world champion marathoner and has recently crawled (literally) the Kokoda Track, one of the most challenging experiences able bodied people can do.
    He lives here in Australia and is the most down to earth person you could ever meet.

My motivation? A half in september that I want to do in under 2 hours :) And Im going to do it :)
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My motivation is Jillian Michaels as weird as that may sound. I respect her a trainer because she take no nonsense and she was once overweight also so she understands the fight.

I would love for her to train me, it doesn't hurt that she is sexy as heck too. lol
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    getting off my meds. that would mean I would no longer be diabetic or have high blood pressure. So far I've been taken off one med and had another reduced by half. 3 more to go.
  • Linda4859
    Linda4859 Posts: 78
    Options
    You are working so hard and deserve the weight loss that you have acheived huney. You will be a beach babe by June 12th of that there is no doubt.

My motivation is being happy with myself when Im around other people just my 12lb weight loss thus far has boosted my confidence no end. xx
  • missduffbug
    missduffbug Posts: 217
    Options
    congratulations on your weight loss!

My greatest fitness hero is Kurt Fearnley (google him if you're in the UK you probably havent heard of him) He was born without functioning legs and is a world champion marathoner and has recently crawled (literally) the Kokoda Track, one of the most challenging experiences able bodied people can do.
    He lives here in Australia and is the most down to earth person you could ever meet.

My motivation? A half in september that I want to do in under 2 hours :) And Im going to do it :)

thank you very much! and I shall google him to check him out.
    Best of luck with your half - I wish I could do something like that!!
  • missduffbug
    Options
    My motivation is Jillian Michaels as weird as that may sound. I respect her a trainer because she take no nonsense and she was once overweight also so she understands the fight.

I would love for her to train me, it doesn't hurt that she is sexy as heck too. lol

I REALLY like her too - she is amazing and you just know when you see her on TV that she genuinely wants the best results for the people she is training - so I totally agree with you on that one just not the her training me bit as I think there is a danger that I would literally pass out haha
  • missduffbug
    Options
    getting off my meds. that would mean I would no longer be diabetic or have high blood pressure. So far I've been taken off one med and had another reduced by half. 3 more to go.

Thats an awesome achievement - you should be so proud :)
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    10k race for life in july:smile:
  • missduffbug
    Options
    You are working so hard and deserve the weight loss that you have acheived huney. You will be a beach babe by June 12th of that there is no doubt.

My motivation is being happy with myself when Im around other people just my 12lb weight loss thus far has boosted my confidence no end. xx

I'm really proud of you Mum - 12lbs is a massive loss in the time we have been doing this and you look 10 times better already xxxx Love you xxxxx
  • missduffbug
    Options
    10k race for life in july:smile:

Awesome - I really want to do that - we have one in May in our area and thinking about joining up x
  • pph79
    pph79 Posts: 78
    Options
    My motivation is self-esteem. I tend to not be the most positive person and i think alot of it has to do with always fighting weight problems. Also, i graduate college in about 2 months and have been looking forward to that as motivation to drop a few lbs.
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    June 18th! we are celebrating our daughters graduation from high school.Also a personal motivation to change my life style for good.
  • MsScorpio67
    MsScorpio67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My son is my motivation.

He is like the coolest kid ever. He motivates me and he always supports me. I just want to be around for him as long as I can and enjoy his company as long as he wants me around. He's a teenager.

Besides that I want my sexiness to match my personality. I want to try everything without the fear that I'm too heavy to do it. I want to take tons of pictures. While I was heavy I avoid the camara. I want to turn heads. I don't want to have to feel like I have to be "ON" all the time because I want people to like me, inspite of my weight. I don't want to have to make jokes about my weight, before anyone else does.
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I lose pounds.....kilos take twice as long....and stones take 16 times as long.....I don't have that kind of patience :wink:
  • missduffbug
    Options
    My son is my motivation.

He is like the coolest kid ever. He motivates me and he always supports me. I just want to be around for him as long as I can and enjoy his company as long as he wants me around. He's a teenager.

Besides that I want my sexiness to match my personality. I want to try everything without the fear that I'm too heavy to do it. I want to take tons of pictures. While I was heavy I avoid the camara. I want to turn heads. I don't want to have to feel like I have to be "ON" all the time because I want people to like me, inspite of my weight. I don't want to have to make jokes about my weight, before anyone else does.

I love this - I know EXACTLY what you mean and how you feel about wanting people to notice you in a certain way -differently to how they would have noticed you before x
  • missduffbug
    Options
    I'm glad I lose pounds.....kilos take twice as long....and stones take 16 times as long.....I don't have that kind of patience :wink:

pounds are the way forward - they are the only ones I understand haha! But 14 tough pounds are a stone and seeing a stone loss makes me VERY happy indeed :)
  • missduffbug
    Options
    June 18th! we are celebrating our daughters graduation from high school.Also a personal motivation to change my life style for good.

I love seeing peoples reasons as to why they are losing weight - I hope you all have a fantastic day at your daughters graduation :)
  • missduffbug
    Options
    My motivation is self-esteem. I tend to not be the most positive person and i think alot of it has to do with always fighting weight problems. Also, i graduate college in about 2 months and have been looking forward to that as motivation to drop a few lbs.

I understand what you mean totally - but negativity doesnt get you very far and you are taking positive steps to a better life - thats something you should be very proud of xx
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    My motivation is my good friend SH.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    my motivation / inspiration is my sister's step-mother-in-law (a bit complicated I know!). She has welcomed my family as part of hers (strange since she is not technically my in-laws) and includes us in all of their family activities.

She is in her late 50's, and is incredibly fit. She lives an extremely active life and eats consciously and still 'lives'. She runs, horseback rides, and volunteers tirelessly for my nephew's Bantam hockey team. She inspires me to live life to the fullest and to take care of the only body I have, and I can only hope to look half as great at her age as she does!