Losing control over my appetite

Options
Hey everyone, I'm starting to hit a roadblock in my weight loss. Not necessarily a physical limitation, but a mental one. I'm having a hard time maintaining my self-control to not over-indulge.

This weekend I tried really hard to stay within my calorie limit, but parties, lunch dates, and a birthday all got in the way and I went way overboard. Seeing the negative number on my homepage made me feel TERRIBLE, but I still can't stop! I haven't quite been able to get back into the swing of things after a weekend of indulgences. I'm also feeling stressed out this week, so that sure isn't helping. Basically, I have a lot of exercising to do to compensate for a bad weekend.

Any tips or advice on how to curb my hunger and satisfy these munchies?

Replies

• seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I notice if I am hungary I am eathing to many carbs, so I cut back on the carbs and dont seem to be hungary any more.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    Protein definitely keeps me fuller longer than if i have something like a sweet snack :)
  • abbeylolee
    Options
    It's the ONE single moment where you make the choice, even if it seems unconcious to eat or NOT to eat. Just like when you excercise a muscle, over time it becomes stronger. We have to excercise our minds to make the right choices again and again. Over time, we will be able to say "no" right away when we realize the consequences of indulging in such temptations will only set us back, and lead to frustration. The cycle can't be broken right away. We must not only train our bodies to excercise, our digestive system to crave only the best, but ALSO our minds to recognize that long-term happiness is so much more important and significant than that one single moment of blissful consumption.
  • rachellepilcher
    Options
    It's the ONE single moment where you make the choice, even if it seems unconcious to eat or NOT to eat. Just like when you excercise a muscle, over time it becomes stronger. We have to excercise our minds to make the right choices again and again. Over time, we will be able to say "no" right away when we realize the consequences of indulging in such temptations will only set us back, and lead to frustration. The cycle can't be broken right away. We must not only train our bodies to excercise, our digestive system to crave only the best, but ALSO our minds to recognize that long-term happiness is so much more important and significant than that one single moment of blissful consumption.

Definite agree...I only wish I would've figured it out years ago!
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    Carbs ( Sugar ) are ADDICTING
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It really does only take a moment to change your life - every time you are faced with the decision whether to eat wrong or not, choose not to! I am struggling tonight - I am past my cut-off time, and I am choosing NOT to go down to the kitchen and snack!!! It is a choice!