What keeps everyone motivated?

Options
Lately it has been hard for me to stay motivated, so I want to know what keeps everyone motivated.

Replies

• elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Pants that I actually have to button and signing up each month for one race...doesn't have to be anything fancy but its enough to keep me going.
  • kmac420
    kmac420 Posts: 24
    Options
    I think about the people who work much harder than I do for what they need and want. RESULTS are also motivating. Oh, and listening to pandora's morgan page radio :)
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The vision I have of a healthier slimmer me!!!! And the thought of being able to shop and not have to buy plus sized clothes.
  • beffy191
    beffy191 Posts: 71
    Options
    I just think about how great I will feel after I exercise, and I think about my ultimate goal. It really works for me once I get back into that mindset. I have days when I can't get motivated but I force myself to put my workout clothes on, and I get to the gym and then I feel much better.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    part of what keeps motivated is seeing the great results of the people on this site and receiving encouraging comments from those on my friend's list. Also seeing someone who is unhealthy and has to struggle with day to day functions makes me realize just how important it is to take care of myself so I can lead a long and healthy life :)

best of luck. You can do it!
  • anakinlover
    anakinlover Posts: 109
    Options
    My drive to be a better example for my kids. There are days I just feel like having cake for every meal with butter for dessert!! But I don't! I want them to see that being healthy and active is the best way to be! :flowerforyou:
  • kateistoned
    kateistoned Posts: 116
    Options
    The future me. My whole family is obese and I don't want to be! See my Blog Post (Starling Realization) for more explanation. But worrying about my long-term health (because I've seen my family's) helps a lot!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    The different women in the fitness magazines that I get keeps me motivated. I want to look like that so I have to work hard and stay on top of my goals.
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    my 5 grandchildren (between ages of 4 and 9) are a big part of my motivation - in fact on the mantle is last years Christmas pic with me and the 5 munchkins and when I am on the treadmill I see them all looking back at me and I think of last summer when we would play in the yard and I would get out of breath real fast - I am tired of being that way. That is one motivation for me - a big one really. Others are the fact I just want to be healthy for myself so I can have better self esteem, buy nicer looking clothes and not men's t-shirts (not that there is anything wrong with that) so that I can cover up my stomach. I just want to feel good and with each passing day and each passing pound or inch - I will accomplish it.
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    I am motivated by my goals.

However the competitive fire that burns deep is chasing and passing MFP friends that I'm in a challenge with.
  • babersbh
    babersbh Posts: 32
    Options
    I will NOT have to buy plus size clothes anymore and will be able to shop in "regular" stores. That is my motivation.
  • BarbaraAnn59
    Options
    Sometimes a simple change in either what you are eating or try a different type of exercise. You could also call someone for moral support!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Motivation only goes so far, habit keeps you going.

I've had a 6-week challenge at the gym, and I want to look gorgeous for my son's 21st birthday party. And I'm wearing pants today that I haven't been able to wear all year, success breeds success.

Getting up early to exercise is easy once it is a part of 'you'.

GG
  • mommomlynn
    mommomlynn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Got a great motivator at doctor's this week....if I lose 10 more lbs. he will take me off cholestrol meds!!! :heart:
  • sparkle327
    Options
    What finally got me motivated was the revelation that no one can do this for me and there is no quick fix. If I want to see results then I need to put in the work and make good decisions to get it done.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That I feeling I get when I made it through a rough day of cravings and I didn"t give in.
    Clothes fit me better.
    Im constantly on this web site when I feel dicouraged and see that I am not the only one having a bad day.The motivation topics are like my crack pipe!!!