Always been a healthy eater?

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
I have always only drunk water or tea. I don't eat processed food, or meat, I don't like pizza especially, we don't get take aways, I don't eat cake or chocolate or biscuits. I have always been a healthy eater, so am feeling a bit like WHAT MORE CAN I DO! I can't help feeling a bit resentful when someone loses 40lbs or so just by not eating cr*p, as I have never eaten it, so don't have that easy option of cutting it out!

Sorry, I am not really looking for advice, more having a rant, and hoping for some solidarity.

In my defence I have never been seriously overweight either, though I did spend 5 years hovering around the 25 BMI mark, which considering my lifestyle is deeply unfair!

Replies

• coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    Is your portion sizes too much?
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I have always only drunk water or tea. I don't eat processed food, or meat, I don't like pizza especially, we don't get take aways, I don't eat cake or chocolate or biscuits. I have always been a healthy eater, so am feeling a bit like WHAT MORE CAN I DO! I can't help feeling a bit resentful when someone loses 40lbs or so just by not eating cr*p, as I have never eaten it, so don't have that easy option of cutting it out!

Sorry, I am not really looking for advice, more having a rant, and hoping for some solidarity.

In my defence I have never been seriously overweight either, though I did spend 5 years hovering around the 25 BMI mark, which considering my lifestyle is deeply unfair!

Have your thyroid checked?
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I had my thyroid checked last year as I had post viral fatigue, and no, my portion sizes are pretty small.

I am losing weight exercising hard 5 times a week, but it's slow progress. Like I said, I don't need advice, really, just looking for anyone else in the same situation, as most of the weight loss tips on here are about cutting the bad stuff out of your diet, and I don't have any to cut.
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When you don't have drastic amounts of weight to lose and you already consume a relatively healthy diet it can be hard fighting to lose excess weight when you are already at a healthy body mass index. If you've hovered around a certain weight for a long time- you really do have to fight for it as your body will try to maintain the 'status quo'. Also, if you have a tall, robust frame you can't compare yourself to those with a petit frame as your body type and frame are unique to you. Just stick with it and don't give up! I know how you feel and I have been in the same boat. I'm not sure what your workout routines are, but I found weight lifting made a HUGE difference. I could eat a perfect diet but I didn't really start to get the body I wanted until I added in weights. Keep your chin up- your healthy eating decisions are making you healthier from the inside out! :-)
  • tarynjohnson
    Options
    I know the feeling. I used to feel exactly the same way until recently when I was diagnosed with PCOS. And the doctor told me to to cut out carbs. I have since gone mostly paleo (like you). But eat lots of more protein than you (94 g per 1500 cals). I have found that I used to eat lots and lots of "good for you" grains and fruit- and when I cut those out I have been able to eat more food and not gain weight by filling up on fat. I would suggest that get your thyroid checked as that other lady suggested just to be sure that everything is going alright with your hormones. Other than that, you just have to find the healthy diet that works for your body. Maybe you need more fat, maybe more protein, maybe more carbs. I don't know. But I do know that a sugar-free, grain-free, low-carb, high-fat diet works fro me. You have to find what works for you. Good luck.
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You can eat "healthy" and gain a lot of weight. I am living proof. I ate healthy, lots of fruit and vegetables, and all natural organic foods. I only drink tea, water and an occasional coffee, and even less frequent glass of juice. I rarely ate anything fried, sometimes french fries when we were out and NEVER fried anything at home. I do not really much care for sweets and ate that only occasionally. However, I used too much salad dressing, butter, and olive oil, ate lots of "healthy" bread, ate oversized portions of protein and pasta, crackers, cheese and popcorn. Through 5 pregnancies and nursing, I forgot what a normal portion size was when I was not pregnant or nursing. MFP has helped me to adjust my portion size and to reduce some of the "healthy" items that were sabotaging my weight. I still eat all the same foods, just much less of many of them. I have lost just over 20 lbs in 3 months. I still have a wasy to go, but I feel I can do it with the proper portion control. Good luck to you and I hope this helps!!