ANOTHER net calorie question

Options
So I just got done with my aunts workout (she is a personal trainer). She does this aerobics course in a room that is wall to wall trampolines. The class was an hour and my heart rate monitor says I burned 745 calories, spent 57 minutes in the 'zone'.

I had eaten dinner before the class, and now my net calories are only 440. What do I do now? Feel free to look at my food journal. Do I need to eat all of those back? That is a lot of calories.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eat something healthy for a few hundred cals then let today go and plan better for tomorrow!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    All my logic says 'wow, good job, you'll lose weight from burning off what you've eaten'. I just can't see why you have to eat them back.

But, going from what I've seen in other threads, yes you do.

Though this seems to be the only website that says that. Nutracheck says feel free to eat your exercise calories but bank them if you don't need them
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    All my logic says 'wow, good job, you'll lose weight from burning off what you've eaten'. I just can't see why you have to eat them back.

But, going from what I've seen in other threads, yes you do.

Though this seems to be the only website that says that. Nutracheck says feel free to eat your exercise calories but bank them if you don't need them

This is what I've always thought too, until I came here. I understand the concept, I guess. I'll probably eat a snak or two (had at least one planned) and call it a night. I'm not really hungry.

This was my first session of this class, I didn't realize just how intense it is!

How could I have planned better? Go heavier on the calories throughout the day?
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    eat what you want,... if you dont feel that u want to eat them all then dont.. the thing is that its usually recomended that you do eat something u need to atleast eat 1200-1500 cal a day
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    drink some milk...gives you calories without making you feel stuffed
  • amsw1275
    amsw1275 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, have a small snack and make sure to have some fluids. Doesn't seem to make sense to overeat to meet the number since you worked out late.
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    I am not a nutritionist or Dr, however, from what I have read, and now am experiencing, you should eat back your exercise calories. I don't know if I would do it at 9 pm, but yes you should eat them back. Try to plan in advance. If you know you will be doing this workout again, make sure you pad up good calories during the day to compensate. Hope that helps.
  • Lance76
    Lance76 Posts: 16
    Options
    If you busted your *kitten* for an hour, it's possble you burned roughly that many calories.... the advise here has been good. Have a snack, i'd go for something with some good protein, but you definitely don't want to make up all those calories this late in the day.
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If you busted your *kitten* for an hour, it's possble you burned roughly that many calories.... the advise here has been good. Have a snack, i'd go for something with some good protein, but you definitely don't want to make up all those calories this late in the day.

Oh my *kitten* was busted. I wasn't expecting such an intense class. And my aunt does NOT let me slack.

I'll give myself some wiggle room on Thursday.

Thanks, guys!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way don't eat crazy for that day if you know you are going to burn a lot of cals plan a snack or something for afterwards so you are still getting some intake but I agree you don't have to eat all those cals. Also you have to realize what you have eaten for the week and worked out for the week all adds up at the end of the week so if you had a little more here or there on other days don't kick yourself in the butt cause you know you will make up for it by working out. Don't fret, by the way that is AWESOME!! and sounds really hard and fun.