Raw Foods Diet helped me kick my plateau!

Options
I ate a piece of fruit of breakfast, fruit for a 9:45am snack, a salad with light dressing for lunch, fruit at 3pm snack,, and another salad with light dressing for dinner. I did this for 7 days and not only did it help re-jump start my weight loss, it also served as an internal cleanse. By day 2, my belly was FLAT! I continued to work out 3-5 days a week for 60-90mins per day.

My shopping list:

Crunch Pak Apple Slices (30 calories per pack)
Bananas
Bosc Pears
Cuties (tangerines)
White Peaches
Black Plums
Blood Oranges
Grapefruit
Bagged Salad mix
Spinach
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Baby Carrots
Jicama
Zucchini
Kraft Light House Italian dressing

A great side benefit: my 6 year old son saw me eating all this fruit and has since become almost addicted to Cuties! They are super easy to peel and there are no seeds.

I have incorporated the diet into my regular eating habits. Example, I still do fruit for breakfast and snacks, and a salad for lunch, but I'll add a packet of tuna to my salad now as well as baked tofu bites. My pre-workout snack is a ThinkThin protein bar (no sugar and 15-20g of protein). Dinner is something like a baked mushroom mixture and roma tomatoes over whole wheat angel hair pasta, zucchini enchiladas with fat free cheese, or baked fish and steamed brown rice.

Replies

• RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's great isn't it?? I love it!
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Not to be a downer (Cuz that's awesome that you got over your plateau and whole foods are great for you... More to be devil's advocate), but is that really enough calories? What was your average net over that week?
  • musicjunkie1982
    Options
    I should have mentioned that in my OP: I got it off an app (Diet2Go) and it was about 600-700cals per days. It's only to be done for a week. :-)

I'm just under my caloric goals now, by maybe 100-200, but keep in mind I do exercise 60-90mins almost every day. I can pretty much eat almost anything I want now, but I keep any indulgences to a minimum.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i love your post! so inspiring! thanks a lot and congrats for your amazing accomplishment of 30 pounds lost, awesome!
    i have been slowly incorporating raw foods into my diet for the past couple of years and have now decided to go almost totally raw. i would like to do raw ONLY for one week a month so gearing up to do that for the month, just haven't decide which day to start. maybe tomorrow! i will add raw seeds and nuts to the fruits and veggies you mention and keep away from processed dressings, maybe i will use cold pressed olive oil and basalmic??? i plan to do that for 3 months in a row. apparently it will serve as an anti-inflammatory as well as detox (as you mentioned)
    thanks again & best wishes for your size 6!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    adding raw nuts and seeds boosts caloric intake to where it should be....
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I need more protein than that! I'd be sooo hungry.
  • musicjunkie1982
    Options
    Thank you! I am just a few pounds away from my goal now and my size 6s fit like a dream!

The app suggested seeds and nuts on the shopping list, but I omitted them as I do not like seeds or nuts a lot. Sunflower seeds are yummy, but others, not so much.

Good luck on your goals, and remember that cheating should be part of a diet! If you don't cheat, you can't stay on track! ;-)
  • musicjunkie1982
    Options
    I need more protein than that! I'd be sooo hungry.

I didn't say it was *easy* I just said it worked! *giggle*

By the end of the week, I ate my zucchini enchiladas like I hadn't eaten in a month!
  • malmustafa79
    malmustafa79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump