Does losing weight generally get easier once you get skinny?

RabbitFrogg
RabbitFrogg Posts: 6
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
Question.

Replies

• kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    nope...much more difficult. At near your ideal weight your body is less likely to function well at huge deficits etc. You need to build muscle and still count those calories etc.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Actually the skinner and healthier you are the harder it is to lose weight. That is why you can lose your first 10lbs in a month but the last 10lbs could take a year.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    heck NO! The less I weigh the more tweaking I have to do. Our eyes may not like fat, but our bodies hold onto it as long as possible. I had to up my calories to start seeing weight loss again.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    It gets harder, the bigger you are the more you can lose at first.
    I've heard of so many people who get to their last 5-10 and it gets more difficult.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    No. I lost 105 pounds, averaging about 5 pounds/month (had 2 kids in there too) pretty consistently. I then plateaued for an entire year! Once you get to the last 10-20 pounds, you really need to change things up. That's what finally helped me get past my plateau.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Actually the skinner and healthier you are the harder it is to lose weight. That is why you can lose your first 10lbs in a month but the last 10lbs could take a year.

A year!!! Thats crazy and very depressing :sad:
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    The hardest part is those last 5-10 lbs, but maintenance is way harder!! But it is sooo worth it!
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Losing is much harder as your body fat % lowers. First 5-10 lbs of weight loss is easiest because most of that is actually water loss, not fat loss.

But on the bright side, it's easier to maintain a healthy body once you've gotten "skinny" for a while, especially if you've built muscles during the process. Your body will believe it's the new "normal."
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Yep.. have to agree with all the posts.. the less you weigh, the harder it becomes to drop pounds unfortunately. I'm very close to where I want to be so instead of focusing on a number on the scale, I've become more focused on how I look, feel, clothes fit, etc. There a great thread on here by stroutman outlining such... definitely check it out... I think it's called "the lean trying to get leaner" or something along those lines.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    In a way.
    It gets harder because your body doesn't burn as much calories.
    It gets easier because you know what to do and how to do it, and you're less likely to binge since you have lost so much weight already and you don't want to ruin that feeling
This discussion has been closed.