bachelorette party wknd- scared of losing my momentumn

Options
i'm going away this weekend to atlantic city for a friend's bachelorette party and part of me is really dreading it... i'm at the beginning of my goal and i'm down 6 lbs and don't want to lose my momentum of making healthy food choices and working out everyday. i know i face a weekend of drinking, restaurants, etc.... i plan on packing some healthy snacks (apples, almonds) and i'm trying to remain positive that i can get through this weekend. i also don't want to call attention to myself- i'm rather private in my every day life and don't like to talk about food constantly. online is another story :)

anyone been here before? have any tips?

Replies

• JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    No I haven't. But even at most restaurants you can make the healthy choice of food...be it a salad with grilled chicken, grilled fish with veggies and a baked potato or filet with veggie side.
    as for drinks, just take it easy...stick to clear liquor...vodka, gin...mixed with soda water....alternate with water....
    stay hydrated.....and if you indulge a bit, enjoy it. you'll be back home on Monday and back to the routine and in route to your goal :)

Don't worry, you can have a fun weekend without too much guilt tripping yourself! You're already on the right path by packing good stuff :)
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Salad, salad, salad :bigsmile: Lots of walking. Try to enjoy yourself. When I travel I just try to maintain and if I lose it's a bonus. Usually I manage to maintain or just gain a very small amount that comes right off (probably sodium weight). Hope you have a great time!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I would say to not worry about it too much. I've had plenty of weekends where there was a night of too much alcohol & a weekend full of too much food. All to be surprised when I didn't gain anything - or hardly anything. Let loose, have a good time & just know your limits. You'll be fine :)
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    If you get up and dance with the strippers, count it as Cardio :)

Just because you're dieting and working on the 'New You' doesn't mean 1 day (or 1 weekend) will ruin everything.

Health is a life long achievement.

If I were to give you one bit of advice for the weekend... Enjoy yourself!

-Rain
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I think one weekend should not be the end all be all for your weightloss journey, Constantly remind yourself that you worked hard for the weight you've lost!
  • mixmastermel_b
    mixmastermel_b Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions and support! i appreciate it.

totally makes sense that 1 weekend isn't going to ruin everything and i have the power to handle it as best as i can!