what do you do with chicken tenderloins?

Options
mrsbuzz
mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
I have a package of raw chicken tenderloins but not sure what to make with it. Would love some new and fresh ideas?

Replies

• khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    fajitas!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    chicken terriyaki bowls
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com! she's got a lot of great chicken recipes on there ;-)
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    japanese bread crumbs..Panko I think it is...and bake, like fried chicken tenders without the fat
  • beccabeccac
    beccabeccac Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would make pretzel crusted chicken tenders. Cut them into small nugget sizes (or leave them large). Pat them dry, dredge in flour, then in a beaten egg, and then roll in crushed pretzels and a dash of Parmesan cheese. Bake until chicken is not pink.
  • Michelemybelle
    Michelemybelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This really isn't new or fresh, but it's the way I cook chicken tenderloin and they come out really moist. I put them on a large piece of Reynolds non-stick foil. Add (a little) salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Wrap the foil into a packet and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. I take it out of the oven and let it sit in the foil for another 10 minutes or so. I cook up a couple of packages at a time and keep them in a Tupperware in the fridge for a snack or to make a quick meal.I saute up some spinach with garlic and olive oil, or make broccoli and add the chicken to it. Each piece usually measures 2 oz. on my food scale, so it's easy for portion control. I also do Mahi and Orange Roughy this way. Hope this helps! :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Orange ginger chicken - my new favourite!

- Brown the chicken, add orange juice (I used 4 fresh oranges), 1 tbsn chilli sauce, 1tbsn soy or tamari, 1 tsp grated ginger. I also added crushed garlic.
    - Cook until the chicken is done, remove the chicken and keep cooking til the sauce thickens up a little.

Serve it with coleslaw (with a light olive oil dressing) or brown rice and steamed broccoli. YUM!
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Pound them thin, season. Put some spinach and cheese on and roll them up. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so. Quick and easy.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This sounds weird, but trust me-- it's good, easy, and involves minimal ingredients and virtually no time.

Chop up some onion and bell peppers. Cook them with chunks of chicken tenderloins on the stovetop in one can of Diet Coke. Stir in some BBQ sauce. Serve over brown rice.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    This really isn't new or fresh, but it's the way I cook chicken tenderloin and they come out really moist. I put them on a large piece of Reynolds non-stick foil. Add (a little) salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Wrap the foil into a packet and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. I take it out of the oven and let it sit in the foil for another 10 minutes or so. I cook up a couple of packages at a time and keep them in a Tupperware in the fridge for a snack or to make a quick meal.I saute up some spinach with garlic and olive oil, or make broccoli and add the chicken to it. Each piece usually measures 2 oz. on my food scale, so it's easy for portion control. I also do Mahi and Orange Roughy this way. Hope this helps! :smile:

I helped me because I am about to make chicken tenderloins for dinner and your idea sounds good, yummy and different. Thanks a lot!!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Oh what can't you do with them!

Grill or broil and make chicken parm mini subs w/sauce and provoline!
    dice and add taco seasoning, salsa, corn and cheese for chicken tacos/buritos or chip topping
    Dice and add to 4 cheese rice-a-roni with 2 cups of diced broccoli
    Dice (or not) and brown lightly, add 1 can of condensed soup (chicken, mushroom or cheddar), 1 pkg of egg noodles. Add about 2-3 cups of water (should just cover noodles) and simmer like a hamburger helper type of meal. (FYI - you can do this with ground chicken, turkey or beef as well)
    Bread and bake with a little tomato sauce and top with mozz cheese
    Make a tortilla pizza and use as a topping (small dice)
    Add to chicken broth, rice or barley and some veggies and have a quick soup (can add some milk if you prefer a creamy soup)

I'm sure there's more but I'm stuck for what else I use them for. They are a staple in my house.
  • bonkybottoms
    Options
    Cover with pesto sauce and bake in the oven, covered for about 40 minutes.
    Serve with pasta or potatoes or salad... :)
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of great ideas! Bump
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i marinate them in fat free italian dressing and cook them on the grill or foreman grill, then I put them on top of a salad...or better yet throw them in a crock pot with salsa ....yummmmmmm
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Soft tacos!

Or else I'd probably either bake or poach them, toss them in some seasoning (cumin? chili pepper? Paprika?) and use them in salads for lunch!
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    this weekend I will make Thai Chicken wraps with them...

using bib lettuce to wrap the chicken that has been pan friend with garlic & olive oil... topped with shredded red cabbage & shredded carrots
    also making a thai peanut sauce I found on MFP if I could ever find it again
  • Shannonhurley88
    Shannonhurley88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rosebud916
    rosebud916 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Salsa chicken , I saute chicken strips in water until cooked , the once cooked add a little oil to brown. then add salsa and apricot jam ( you can use sugar free ) , if only making a small amount add half of each jar , or use your judgement on taste. Very good over brown rice.:smile:
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • slchristensen
    Options
    bump